PDA

View Full Version : New CDU build (Route issue solved)

Peter Nielsen
08-31-2010, 06:15 AM
Hi
there are a whole suite of updates since last week, and at least from my side the dissapearing Route seems to have been resolved fully.
can others also confirm this?
Peter

Sean Nixon
08-31-2010, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the heads up, will test later tonight and get back.

08-31-2010, 02:50 PM
Hi guys,

I can confirm missing route issue is solved. However when I LSK6 for OFFSET It opens the APPROACH page. This has been there for some time now. Also the AAROACH page sometimes opens the TAKEOFF page.

Regards

James

JWS
09-08-2010, 06:49 AM
Hi guys,

I can confirm missing route issue is solved. However when I LSK6 for OFFSET It opens the APPROACH page. This has been there for some time now. Also the AAROACH page sometimes opens the TAKEOFF page.

Regards

James

A very brief first look confirms this indeed. I don't know if OFFSET is an issue, will try. In the past this function did not do anything at all, don't know if that's been fixed anyway.

JWS

Sean Nixon
09-11-2010, 06:44 AM
There is so much wrong with build 480 that I'm going back to build 406. The route page is so tempremental. :(

737NUT
09-11-2010, 10:34 AM
I love the Top of Decent alert 20 times on my approach! LOL

JWS
09-11-2010, 01:30 PM
Ah, you can disable this in PMSound.:idea:

JWS

JWS
09-11-2010, 01:33 PM
There is so much wrong with build 480 that I'm going back to build 406. The route page is so tempremental. :(

I've been testing it all day and yes, the RTE page doesn't disappear any more, BUT .....

It will be a long mail to Enrico I'm afraid.

JWS

Peter Nielsen
09-13-2010, 09:57 AM
Ok,

Ive been travelling the weeken so not been able to experiment
but what is NOW wrong with it?

Peter

JWS
09-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Peter (and others),

have mailed to Enrico and gave him the things I found (which were not restricted to the Route issue alone). I won't elaborate too much, but the important topics were:

1. Route page built from scratch seems to be OK.:)
2. Route page with an imported (previously stored) route is shown for maybe 2 seconds and then disappears (LEGS page does have the waypoints though).
3. Frequently the FMC gets stuck when trying to select a DEP or ARR on the DEP/ARR page. Rebooting program seems to help but not a permanent remedy.
4. In the ARR section all "home made" approaches/transitions (which are stored in the "appdata2.txt" file) are missing.
5. The added teardrop and parallel entry for HOLD cannot be selected.
6. Finding airways between waypoints on the RTE page (by using LSK R) seems not te be working anymore (at least right after SID).
7. Intercepting a course is not possible.

Don't know what Sean has found and if he has already informed PM Support.
My advice is to have a look yourself also (we all have different set ups) and report problems to PM first (and after that you can share them with us if you want).

Regards,
JWS

Peter Nielsen
09-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Peter (and others),

have mailed to Enrico and gave him the things I found (which were not restricted to the Route issue alone). I won't elaborate too much, but the important topics were:

1. Route page built from scratch seems to be OK.:)
2. Route page with an imported (previously stored) route is shown for maybe 2 seconds and then disappears (LEGS page does have the waypoints though).
3. Frequently the FMC gets stuck when trying to select a DEP or ARR on the DEP/ARR page. Rebooting program seems to help but not a permanent remedy.
4. In the ARR section all "home made" approaches/transitions (which are stored in the "appdata2.txt" file) are missing.
5. The added teardrop and parallel entry for HOLD cannot be selected.
6. Finding airways between waypoints on the RTE page (by using LSK R) seems not te be working anymore (at least right after SID).
7. Intercepting a course is not possible.

Don't know what Sean has found and if he has already informed PM Support.
My advice is to have a look yourself also (we all have different set ups) and report problems to PM first (and after that you can share them with us if you want).

Regards,
JWS

Copied,

Personally I am about to start experimenting with PROSIM737 as from the info Im getting their systems are much more realistic....
Peter

hercules
09-16-2010, 03:33 PM
Copied,

Personally I am about to start experimenting with PROSIM737 as from the info Im getting their systems are much more realistic....
Peter

Hi,

PROSIM is promising. The system depth is amazing.

Thomas

Peter Nielsen
09-20-2010, 06:07 AM
I have to admit that I have no problems at all with the current build..
The route works, the a/c follows it spot on, if i press N1 thats what i get, so its strange that others have multiple issues..

Rgds
Peter

JWS
09-20-2010, 06:20 AM
Well lucky you, but don't know if it's FS9 or FSX. I have FS9.

And I think after some testing that I can skip one item, about the stored routes. That is as long as it is a route stored with the new build. That comes back in good order but routes stored under older builds still disappear after a few seconds.

Can you choose an entry when planning a HOLD?

JWS

Peter Nielsen
09-20-2010, 07:03 AM
Well lucky you, but don't know if it's FS9 or FSX. I have FS9.

And I think after some testing that I can skip one item, about the stored routes. That is as long as it is a route stored with the new build. That comes back in good order but routes stored under older builds still disappear after a few seconds.

Can you choose an entry when planning a HOLD?

JWS

Hi
Im using FS9
ill try entering some holds tonight as not tested that yet..
I have however had a problem with the last PFD build in that it does not lik my computer and keeps rebooting it, went back to an earlier build and this is now ok again..