PDA

View Full Version : connector cables for BU0836

brian95
08-29-2010, 04:41 AM
hi everyone,
i'm about to start connecting switches from my cockpit to flight simulator using Leo's card, but i'm not quite sure on how to connect the wires up to it.
Do I have to use some kind of connector cable? I tried searching online for some but i'm not sure if they are the right type.
Thanks for your time
Brian

Sean Nixon
08-30-2010, 04:15 AM
If it's just switches you are connecting to your input card, then you can use pretty much any cable you can lay your hands on, as the electrical load carried in those cables is insignificant. Telephone cable, alarm cable, CAT5 cables are good because they are small and easy to work with.

When you start wiring up LED's and gauges, the load increases and you'll have to be sure you use a cable that can carry the intended load.

brian95
08-30-2010, 04:55 AM
hi Sean,
thanks for the reply. so i guess it would be okay to use these small wires i have. i'm not sure about how they connect to the card though, whether to solder directly onto it or not, as it seems it shouldn't be soldered directly.

Sean Nixon
08-30-2010, 01:11 PM
I see what you are asking now. The card is shipped with pin connectors, connect the cables to them and then plug the connector to the card.

brian95
08-30-2010, 07:34 PM
Hi Sean,
thanks for helping out. Yes, I have the connector pins, I just wasnt sure if i should have used them for soldering.
thanks again
Brian