PDA

View Full Version : Flaps on 737

Hans Krohn
08-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Hi,

I encountered a strange problem lately: When I move my flaps lever, the lever settings do not correspond any longer to the actual flaps position and to the standby instruments flaps pos indicator.

I have programmed the flaps indicator years ago, and for years my lever controlled the flaps perfectly. All of a sudden, flaps 2 results in no flap movement, flaps 5 makes my flaps go to pos. 2, flaps 15 gives me flaps pos. 5 and so on.

I have not made any changes to the code for my EPIC I/O system or in the aircraft files used by PM or in the GC software itself.

Anyone has an idea what might have caused this miss-match between my lever pos and the flaps pos in FS and PM?

Any comments are appreciated

Regards, Hans

My cockpit project:
www.hanskrohn.com

deering
08-25-2010, 03:47 PM
Hello, Hans.

Maybe a problem with your first microswitch. How are they wired?

Jim.

Hans Krohn
08-26-2010, 01:04 PM
Hi Jim,

no, it's not the switches. They are all wired individually and my epic code sets the corresponding value in the flaps offset once a switch is activated. So the third microswitch should always activate the third flaps position, etc.

What I find strange is that I have this issue eventhough I made no changes in my setup...

Regards, Hans

Sean Nixon
08-26-2010, 01:35 PM
Have PM's ini files got corrupted by a system crash or something similar?

deering
08-26-2010, 02:43 PM
Hans,

I took a stab at the most obvious thing; but, I'd have been quite surprised if you'd missed that.

Strange indeed.

Jim.

Hans Krohn
08-27-2010, 05:12 PM
I'll do some testing, maybe tomorrow.
Once I find the culprit, I'll let you Know...

All the best,
Hans