PDA

View Full Version : Scripts for USBServo Cards with PM Sysytems and B737 Overhead Gauges

blueskydriver
08-13-2010, 04:21 AM
I have the USB Servo Cards, PM Systems, and the complete set of Overhead gauges from OpenCockpits and after searching, I've only found two of the gauges having scripts written for them. Therefore, as I'm sure others have asked this, but does anyone use the same items for their B737 and has everything working?

Frankly, I know little about SIOC, but I'm trying to learn it. Still, it seems to me that many of us reinvent the wheel many times over and over and over with SIOC. Most cockpits tend to be a Boeing B737 or an Airbus of some type, so sure seems like there would be a place to get these scripts from. Not scripts that people are experimenting with and asking for help on, but one's that work and have been working for quite some time.

Thus, if anyone has these scripts, please post them or PM me. Better yet, if there is some location that SIOC scripts tend to hang out and I can go get them that would be great too.

Delphi
08-13-2010, 05:24 AM
SIOC Script for Fuel Temperature:

/////////// Fuel Temperature Gauge /////////////

var 0215, name Servo2, Link USB_SERVOS, Output 2, PosL 1023, PosC 436, PosR 150, Type 2 // Servo Motor
Var 0218, name FuelTemp, Link FSUIPC_INOUT, Offset $56B6, Length 2 // Fuel Temperature + 60 in 10th of C
{
L0 = &FuelTemp / 10
L1 = L0 - 60
L2 = L1 * 6.4 // servo slope
L0 = 550 - L2 // Center 0 Grad Celsius
&Servo2 = L0
}

Servo slope you might have to play a little with the setting.

Best regards

Ruediger

blueskydriver
08-14-2010, 05:19 AM
Ruediger,

Thanks for posting this! I'll let you know how I do... Hopefully, others like you will post their scripts? I'd also like to see Rob do some posting here since he really knows SIOC. What do you say Rob?

john

737NUT
08-14-2010, 09:19 AM
http://www.baron58.com/Servo_Calc.htm Use this site for easy reference.

Every set-up will be slightly different do to servo and mechanical differences.

You use IOCP console to determine your servo range, then follow steps at above website.

Say servo #3 is fuel temp, start sioc with all your servo's in the script, start the console, go to servo #3 and input 555, decrease by 10 until you get to either the max or min guage range. Then go opposite to get other end of scale. Now you have the range an start and stop points.

Boeing 747 Flyer
08-14-2010, 09:39 AM
Yes the calc 737NUT quoted is avery useful, I use it i ntwo of my gauges and it works flawlessly.

However, contrary to 737NUT's advice, I wouldn't use IOCP Console to test the RANGE of your servo. By all means, use it to monitor the servo data, FSUIPC Offset data, etc, but I would use the official Opencockpits USBServos testing software. It is a much safer and easier to use interface.