PDA

View Full Version : Uncontrollable THrottle

bobbosan
08-10-2010, 07:42 PM
I am using a joystick throttle with FSX-SP2 on a Win 7 PC. However I have had this same problem with other throttles.

After flying for an hour or so, at st/level, my power suddenly drops off and my a/c starts to descend. After about 30 seconds it comes back to full without me doing anything. Somestimes it doesn't come back at all. It happens with all types of a/c and I have even had it happen with the Saitek Throttle Quadrant.I havve tried rebooting, reloading FSX, and changing sensitivities.

Could it be my power supply after it gets hot? Any suggestions?

ian@737ng.co.uk
08-11-2010, 01:11 AM
hi bobbo........
you may just have hit the nail on the head here. the fact that it takes some time for the issue to arise
suggests that you could be right. power supplies do get hot and that makes them inefficient when
that happens.
i have experienced problems with PSU's and the 5v on the USB bus when the warm up especially when
there are a lot of hardware devices attached.
and the fact that it happens with different devices also suggests to me that it could very well be your PSU.
good luck and have a great day....
regards

ian

baw536
11-21-2010, 08:56 AM
It's the potentiometers in the throttle. I've got the same problem. I'm looking for spares. Thanks Steven Higa