PDA

View Full Version : Banned from Simkits

cjellwood
07-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Hi all,

This is what happens when you report a defect to Simkits and they dont want to correct it.

http://www.leons-world.com/img/simkit_banned.gif

ouch lol :eek:

Chris

AK Mongo
07-03-2010, 01:54 PM
That is UNBE-FRICKIN-LIEVABLE. There went ANY chance of me buying their hardware.

No Longer Active
07-03-2010, 04:15 PM
What a bunch of SimTwits!

Shame on them!

Bad reputation!

Ronson2k9
07-03-2010, 05:03 PM
On the one side I would say did you send an email to simkits support to try and correct the matter? On the other side though simkit users may have already have asked and gotten answers from Simkits on the very same issue. That would let them 'Simkit users' help each other with difficulties.

That said a ban is quite retarded. a request to send your question to simkits support directly should have been quite sufficient. They have lost your patronage and those of the community .. Not real good financial planning as they probably got started the same way we all did.. Perhaps even being members here for a time?

They are trying to control the flow of bad product information to the public by doing so and that only fosters a air of distrust amongst there users. Free flow of information = cooperation the other is just bad all the way around..

Matt Olieman
07-03-2010, 05:09 PM
I'm not trying to side with them ("SimKits Forum"), it's my understanding the above mentioned site is not run by, or regulated by SimKits the manufacturer, but, they are using SimKits as their name. If I was SimKits the manufacturer, I would be upset.

Like our policy here. Say it once and you've said it all, the rest are just deleted, but certainly not banned. :)

Matt Olieman

cjellwood
07-03-2010, 06:35 PM
I wont go on about this but here is a few email snippets they sent me where they just shoot themselves in the *** completely.

The stencil set you are referring to (and not bought at Simkits) is a guide to make a panel. But it’s always recommendable to use the instrument itself to design the proper cut outs for your panel.

I’m very sorry to hear the cut outs for you panel are not correct.
So they denied the part was from them and cut-out stencils are not to be trusted??, but their cut-out brochure shows the misalignment error too! I quizzed them on that issue and they said,

This pdf file you are referring to is a brochure to show you what the stencil set looks like. Not the official stencil set with the correct measurements: http://www.simkits.com/product.php?prodid=563

Ok so I sent them the wrong link to the brochure but they all show the error, but I was only pointing to the fact they are selling faulty stencils which are goofed in all the brochures too. Strange that before the problem occured they emailed me with directions to the brochure that now apparently is the wrong brochure all of a sudden.

All dimensions can be found in the cut out dxf which you can download from our website:

http://www.simkits.com/brochures.php

(scroll down to the bottom of this page)

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to send me an email.

lolz my *** off!

Chris

cjellwood
07-03-2010, 06:57 PM
I'm not trying to side with them ("SimKits Forum"), it's my understanding the above mentioned site is not run by, or regulated by SimKits the manufacturer, but, they are using SimKits as their name. If I was SimKits the manufacturer, I would be upset.

Like our policy here. Say it once and you've said it all, the rest are just deleted, but certainly not banned. :)

Matt Olieman

Personally I believe that the Simkits quote regarding them not having control over that forum is BS. The posts I made on the forum were not support requests, I was sending support mails directly to Peter Brown @ Simkits. I simply created a thread detailing the problem wth pictures like I did here once and posted a DXF with the corrections. Merely sharing my findings and corrections with other builders. If I ever need an example of arrogance then surely Simkits take the prize because to this day they still have not corrected their cut-out stencil brochure. Maybe count blessings that they do not build real aircraft instruments lol

To make things interesting I might email them and ask if they have a problem with me copying their design and firmware to sell very cheap on the market. Considering they dont acknowledge the product or sale according to their communications then there should not be a problem with that legally :)

Chris

No Longer Active
07-04-2010, 05:23 AM
Hi Chris,

Your a man that doesnt take no BS and I admire you for that, simkits just cant accept their errors and are burying thier heads in the sand.

Just because they are 'simkits' it doesnt give them no reason to do what they do which is very poor.

I stand by you every step of the way, and I know that one day you will be manufacturing the same simkits gear for a quarter of the price, and I admire you for standing up for 'us'....

I'm with you all the way fella!

cjellwood
07-04-2010, 06:10 AM
Thanks Alex!

did you get your panel cut eventually?

Chris

Geremy Britton
07-04-2010, 06:48 AM
If I ever need an example of arrogance then surely Simkits take the prize

On the one time i emailed simkits about a CCU board, its strange as this is the exact summary i too would give.
Shoot me an email chris if you're going to make some instruments. I'll take a couple :)

cjellwood
07-04-2010, 08:10 AM
www.fame-systems.de were very helpfull this week regarding radio stacks but still their prices are completely off the acceptable range even after negotiation :(

Sometimes I feel like a goat needs to be sacraficed or something like that lol (anyone know what I mean :)

Chris

Matt Olieman
07-04-2010, 09:11 AM
our policy here. Say it once and you've said it all, the rest are just deleted, but certainly not banned. :)

Enough is enough. Anything else is just bashing because you'r angry. I or anyone else here does not know the whole story, but you have every right to write your bad/good experience here. Somewhere it has to stop and that would be now.

I've heard a lot of excellent things and I've heard a "FEW" bad things regarding SimKits.

SimKits has never advertised or supported MyCockpit.org.

This thread is closed.

Matt Olieman