PDA

View Full Version : Which Projectors to Buy?

Crescent
06-09-2010, 09:25 PM
Hi guys and gals. I just wanted your input on which short throw projectors to buy and where to get them. I won't be ready to buy them for a few months, but I would like to start researching the products.

I've decided for the Lanc sim to go with three projectors mounted on the ceiling with one screen straight on and two at 45 degrees. I am limited on space. I've searched the site on the topic and am leaning towards the Benq models. So please give me your thoughts, pros, and cons on projectors. Thanks.

choffmann
06-10-2010, 10:00 AM
Not many short throw projectors prized decently. BenQ seems a good choice, especially the new ones released this year (MP782ST with XVGA resolution). IMHO, what´s even more important, you need to get original replacement lamps, as there are some replicas offered on the web for low prizes, which may cause damage to the projector.
I am myself on the search for a good projection system, however, I am hesitating, as I believe, 3D projection using special glasses might enhance the immersion feel in the future. Does anybody here have experience with the new 3D monitor systems?

jskibo
06-10-2010, 01:19 PM
I just picked up 3 Optoma GT720 short throw WXGA Projectors for $600 each. They are 3D, but haven't tried them yet.

Crescent
06-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Let us know the pros and cons of the 3d.