PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the new dude....

geedee
06-05-2010, 03:56 PM
Hi guys, been lurking for a few days after following a link from Darryl and his 'Spittie build on another site we are members of.

Essentially, I'm looking for ideas on how to make my project 'live' when its a bit nearer completion. I am currently around a quarter of the way through my project build, a full scale NAA P-51D 'procedures trainer' cockpit.

My initial thought where to simply link via pushrods etc, from the primary flight controls to a setup from a pc.

Yeah, righty !

Unfortunately, when North American Aviation designed the 'Stang, they obviously didn't have their crystal ball working to realise that some 70 odd years later, some nut would try and instal a full set of computer gaming controls in their pride and joy !. Errrrrr, there just aint enough room !

Fortunately for me, I am still at the stage where I still have options before deciding on the final build.

And I cant wait until I can strap myself in to my own '51 and go hunting. Then, when I'm still on cloud nine, I will start using my project for training future Mustang Jockeys.....and you never know, i might even get a few flights out of it !

AK Mongo
06-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Welcome to the forum! I am sure that if you can define a problem for the forum members, you will get many great ways to do things. This community is very helpful if you tell us what the problem is.

Matt Olieman
06-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Welcome Gary!!!! :)

and ditto what AK Mongo wrote. :) :) :)

No Longer Active
06-05-2010, 06:39 PM
There is no such thing as a problem at mycockpit, there are only solutions to scenario's!

Welcome aboard my friend!

Alex@Mc