PDA

View Full Version : Eyefinity and Three Projectors

Crescent
06-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Quick question for you guys. If I were to buy a ATI Eyefinity card and use three projectors as my display,

1) How do the projectors plug into that type of card? USB or do they connect to a splitter that goes into the card?

2) Do the projectors act like three monitors....plug em in and eyefinity combines their images automatically or how does it work?

Thanks.

twisted8
06-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Hello,
the card has 2 DVI outputs, 1 HDMI output and 1 Dsiplay Port output. It really depends on your projectors. You can use any 3 of those 4 but for 3 monitors you must use the display port so you will also need an active display port to DVI converter. Most likely your projectors will use DVI. So use the 2 DVI ports and one active display port port to DVI adapert.
Eyefinity will combine the 3 images into one large image. You might also want to try the nthusim software to make the images blend better.

Crescent
06-06-2010, 11:20 AM
Thanks Twisted8. That all makes sense. I will also be running two monitors to display the instruments. Will I need a second card for that or will the one be able to handle everything?

twisted8
06-07-2010, 08:19 AM
Hello, no problem!
You will need a second ATI card. Just make sure you motherboard can support 2 video cards which I believe most do.

mabderezai
07-20-2010, 01:37 AM
Hi,
I have two ATI 5770 Asus cards, and running windows 7, Phenom X4 with 4GB of Ram...
When I drag an FSX window to the "non-main" desktop window it goes blank or still, and returns to normal when I drag it back to the main menu.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Stevsky
02-23-2011, 04:44 PM
Maybe you can help me with problem. I am using 3 lcd's with the ATI 5870 with bezel compensation, however in full screen mode I can never get the bezel to line up, but I do get get it otherwise. Have you encountered this problem in full screen, if so have you found a solution?