PDA

View Full Version : FMC and Touchscreen AND WideFS

shearder
06-01-2010, 01:38 AM
Hi all

Not too long ago i bought a PSOne screen for my FMC. However, I am WAY too busy, at least till the 13th July with World Cup, to do any sort of building on my pit. However, i looked at buying the FMC kit from open cockpits or somewhere but, be that as it may, i also need a screen for lower EICAS. SO i was thinking of killing 2 birds with one stone, thought it wont look as realistic, i thought of using a 15 or 17" touch screen which will let me use a soft FMC and also give me my EICAS :)

I have VasFMC and I am willing to buy another package if necessary (NOT PMsystems - WAY too expensive) but I would like an FMC that would have a good clean look when re-sized to the area for ease of use and aesthetics.

Will VasFMC be ok for this? (haven't used it yet) Will it work with WideFS? Are there other FMC packages which could use WideFS (fully licensed).

Thanks in advance.

Sean

renevirgo
07-15-2010, 02:17 PM
I'm using VasFMC with a touchscreen via WideFS. Everything's fine
RV

shearder
07-16-2010, 10:52 AM
I'm using VasFMC with a touchscreen via WideFS. Everything's fine
RV

MANY thanks for your response :) Much appreciated.

bgoodwin
11-15-2010, 05:51 PM
Would be interested in hearing about your experience with touch screens. Have been looking at SimTouch but hear it maybe hard on framerates.

Bob

shearder
11-16-2010, 02:08 AM
I am planning on getting one but there is just SO much i need to do first i.e. deposits for new schooll my daughter will attend and doing more on my build before i get a touchscreen. Hopefuly it will be cheaper then LOL. I see a great low cost solution at www.chinavasion.com. They have a number of possibilities.

bgoodwin
11-16-2010, 10:39 AM
These are the units I ordered. Great price!

http://www.amazon.com/10-4-Desktop-Monitor-Touch-Screen/dp/B000YA95RK