PDA

View Full Version : engine start switches

Steve A
05-26-2010, 03:26 PM
I had a brief search around the forum and i know the answer will be there but i cant find it so im taking the easier route and hopefully i'll get an expert answer soon. Basically when i switch on my engines with hardware rotary swiches in the overhead everything works fine and i have them configured perfectly with fsuipc, However in the real aircraft or my pmdg 737 the switches spring back to the off position once i have spooled up the engines, meaning my own switches are out of sync. So if i manually switch them back to off they go to the next position along (cont). Is there a work-around or is it something we all live with. I can live with it as i just remember to switch back to off as part of my shut down procedures. If ever there was anything in this hobby that i struggle with it would be rotary switches, i just can never seem to get them working perfectly, i cant get my head round the positional part so fs knows which direction your turning them.

Hessel Oosten
05-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Hi Steve !

See here: http://www.hanskrohn.com/BuildingTips/EngStartSwitch/EngineStartSwitch.htm
Hessel

p.s. All the other stuff there.... also VERY good.

drum4no1
05-26-2010, 05:37 PM
Heres what I did to fix the exact same issue you have. Provided you have registered version of FSUIPC. When I switch from off to GRD fsuipc is configured for the corresponding mouse macro on the overhead, on the assignment for that position on the rotary I leave the control to be sent when released option empty. That means when starter disconnect occurs and the software switch springs back to off , I have to manually switch it to off but since that position dosent trigger a command when released it dosent switch for a second time

Hope this makes sense,,,,

Scott

Steve A
05-27-2010, 12:05 AM
Sometimes the solution is so much easier than i think, thanks guys.