PDA

View Full Version : Using sliding potentiometers for flap control.

mach7
05-23-2010, 09:12 AM
Hello

I am trying to set up my flaps using a 60 mm sliding potentiometer (RS6011Y50K), which is attatched to
the 'Bodnar' interface board using the FSUIPC utililty. I have arrived at some success, but even after
reviewing the attached FSUIPC documentation I am still having problems with setting up the detents.

I desire 5 flap settings of 0, 18, 24,30 and 33 degrees.

I have sucessfully set all 4 engines up and the lift spoiler system using the same pots and connections...
is just the flaps I am having trouble with.

My next question is.....can the flaps be set up using sliding pots (?)

- Jim

richard hutchinson
07-04-2010, 03:45 AM
Hi

I use one of my Saitek TQ levers for flap setting. It is fortunately a linear pot so the flap increases are fairly well spread across the travel of the pot. I have used some plastic "bump-ons" (small dome-shaped stick on markers) to show where the flaps settings are on the TQ body next to the lever.

The pot you use must be of a linear type otherwise the flap alterations will be all over the place and not easy to set.

Hope this helps.

Hello

I am trying to set up my flaps using a 60 mm sliding potentiometer (RS6011Y50K), which is attatched to
the 'Bodnar' interface board using the FSUIPC utililty. I have arrived at some success, but even after
reviewing the attached FSUIPC documentation I am still having problems with setting up the detents.

I desire 5 flap settings of 0, 18, 24,30 and 33 degrees.

I have sucessfully set all 4 engines up and the lift spoiler system using the same pots and connections...
is just the flaps I am having trouble with.

My next question is.....can the flaps be set up using sliding pots (?)

- Jim

ian@737ng.co.uk
07-06-2010, 12:08 AM
hello jim......
in a short answer to your question, yes indeed.
irrespective of whether you use a rotary or a slider pot, the return to the interface card will
be the same.
if you are using FSUIPC to handle your inputs, then once your axis is assigned to flaps and calibrated in FSUIPC, there is a function to allow you to set 1. the exact number of flap positions and 2. the exact position on the axis for that flap setting.
if you look in the User Guide, you will find a section called 'Calibrating Flaps With Specific Detents'.
hope that helped you out captain.......
have a great day and good luck .......

ian.