PDA

View Full Version : We made the news

Shawn
05-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Our simulator got some great exposure on Global News (http://www.globaltvbc.com/video/index.html?releasePID=8ZPGMK_3GJ_rdUlCGxu00OWoY7BF8ofh)

AK Mongo
05-15-2010, 09:44 PM
Great video! Congratulations on your achievement Shawn!

fsaviator
05-16-2010, 01:37 AM
Outstanding! Congrats to you Shawn, and kudos on implementing the sim into ops.

Warren

No Longer Active
05-16-2010, 02:52 PM
Way to go Shawn! :)

Congrats to you sir, and a rewarding story that recognises your skill and talent in sim building!

Alex Jay

vybhav
05-17-2010, 07:26 AM
Congrats Shawn, your project is great and glad you are getting the deserved recognition.

twisted8
05-17-2010, 08:19 AM
very interesting to watch! must feel great to have a sim that can be so helpful. Congrats!

Shawn
05-17-2010, 11:13 AM
Thanks guys, it is pretty cool to get this kind of recognition for a project that I've had so much fun working on. Still lots that can/will be done but we are operational now and getting some great training done. I'm looking forward to flying online with the guys in Saskatchewan once their simulator is online, the crossborder training opportunities are fantastic.

spitfire9
05-17-2010, 11:22 AM
Sound great Shawn,, We are also looking forward to it.
We got busy all of a sudden here but as soon as some rain hits,, Lee and I will be putting some finishing touches on the sim and will have it working on a limited basis.
The news story was very good !! You must be proud of your work.

Shawn
05-27-2010, 04:20 PM
We looked like we were going to have an early season here in BC but the recent rains have put an end to that. Sounds like Alaska, Quebec and Ontario are ramping up a bit though. Can't wait to see you sim up and running Spitfire, hopefully you get a break in the weather and can get things finished. There's always the Fall though...

Crescent
05-27-2010, 11:39 PM
Very nice Shawn. I'm with Northern Air Support in Kelowna. We're all hoping this rain lets up soon so we can get at it. Hopefully we can get to meet this summer!

Looking at your site, I'm going to have to incorporate this into our training as well....looks like a fantastic tool.

Shawn
05-28-2010, 02:01 PM
If we don't see each other on a fire this summer I'm in Kelowna on business and personal stuff all the time, we can get together for a coffee or beer. I'd love to see your Avro Lancaster project, I'm still trying to decide what aircraft to base my own simulator on but the Lancaster is on the top 5 list. I have developed a few fire scenarios along with a couple of Tanker base sceneries, I'd be happy to send you the files for FSX if your interested.

Crescent
05-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Sounds good Shawn. I'll send ya a message with my number.