PDA

View Full Version : MCP(737-700) and OC IOCards autopilot engage problem

MortenHa
05-11-2010, 12:55 PM
Hi people!

We finally wanted to move from IOcard software to the SIOC platform, and we have been writing scripts for the MCP using the data from the IOCARD.DAT file. But strangely enough, it doesn't work as planned!

We are unable to engage the autopilot using CMDA or CMDB!

Reading PM offset document for offset 0x5414, it clearly states that:
Important Note: Toggled means that the BIT CHANGE sets the mode, not just setting it to one, setting the bit back to 0 changes the state!

So a BIT0 toggle should engage the A autopilot, and a BIT1 toggle should engage the B autopilot.

This is the code:

Var 0053 name F_MC_CMDS3, Link FSUIPC_OUT , Offset $5414, Length 4

Var 0213 name PU_MC_CMDA, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 17, Type P
{
&F_MC_CMDS3 = TOGGLE 0
}

Var 0214 name PU_MC_CMDB, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 15, Type P
{
&F_MC_CMDS3 = TOGGLE 1
}

Checking with IOCP Console verifies that the BIT is toggled from "0" to "1" and then back to"0" again!

What are we doing wrong, anyone?

Morten and Lasse
Artcic Cockpit Project
Vardø
Norway

MortenHa
05-11-2010, 01:03 PM
Some additional information:

The springloaded Disengage underneath CMDA and CMDB is controlled using 0x5414 BIT8.
And the PM offset document states that BIT9 needs to be toggled to engage the autopilot? So could the problem be here! ("Why don't you try it?" You might ask yourself. But I'm at work right now and I just realized looking at the PM offset mnual :) )

MortenHa
05-21-2010, 07:33 AM
Hi people!
This is in no way an attempt to bump the thread! But am I asking the question in the wrong forum?

(Want sioc badly to run the MCP, V/S never worked with IOCard.exe :( )

Humbly yours
Morten

737NUT
05-21-2010, 08:35 AM
You have to use the changebitn command.

example

Var 3 Link IOCARD_SW Input 23 Type P
{
v4 = CHANGEBITN 0 v4
}

Var 4

study this site! :)
http://www.lekseecon.nl/howto.html

MortenHa
05-23-2010, 05:55 PM
Thanx 737NUT!

We will try it tomorrow :)

Morten

MortenHa
05-25-2010, 07:28 AM
Hi People!

The problem is solved! And I'm embarrassed to say that it had nothing to do with the script. Multiple installed instances of SIOC was the culprit. Now it partly works, but there's a lot of "scruffy" code that needs to ironed out. Code that presumably worked during this period of SIOC confusion. But the SIOC is bundled with a MCP2.SSI script made by the master himself Mr. Velez (Author of SIOC).
Don't think we will run into any more problems :)

Thanx for the help people, without this forum many of us would be totally lost...