PDA

View Full Version : Igor Plug Update

Buddym
05-08-2010, 02:32 AM
Hi all,

for those that have requested, Igor Plugs will ship out on Tuesday. Anyone that wants one to play with send me a PM with shipping address. The price to cover my costs is $20 plus $5 shipping. Documentation is almost ready,
and the demo code is as well. Professional-quality programming will start as soon as boards get in hands.
The demo code will be configured to indicate inner/middle/outer marker beacon lights I think.

I have 12 boards built and tested, waiting on microcontroller chips for the rest of them. When these are all spoken for I will order PCBs for a second batch. I wanted to get input before that happens. The Igor Plug version 1 IP-8
is meant to directly drive an LED load of no more than 40 mA per output pin, so really a single LED per pin.
For higher current loads a driver transistor should be used, so that you could drive a few LEDs per output,
as an example. For about $5 more per board I can build these drivers onto the board. I'd like to get the
forum's input on that before having more boards made. I power source will be needed as well, so I would
be adding 8 transistors, 8 more resistors, a voltage regulator, and a power jack of some sort. I can do
this no problem, but wont if there is no interest.

Buddy

BTW, don't get too worried about burned-out chips, they are in sockets and are about $3 each plus shipping.

AK Mongo
05-08-2010, 11:58 AM
Would be good to have them as plug and play as possible as far as I am concerned, but I have told you I am not adventurous about soldering.... :)

AK Mongo
05-08-2010, 12:20 PM
I am guessing that the functions (OMI) will be added to over time, as testing is done and programming completed? Will additional functions be added via driver/config program updates?

Buddym
05-08-2010, 04:35 PM
yes, they are plug and play. fully assembled and tested, and will ship with a demo program that includes OMI. You connect USB cable to your PC, connect your LEDs to the push terminals, and you're off and running, Adding/changing functions will be very ez with a GUI interface for assigning different FS indicators to the 8 outputs, very ez to add your own output configuration.

Buddy

AK Mongo
07-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Buddy,

How is the project going? Any updates?

Reid