PDA

View Full Version : question about wilco airbus glass cockpit

PanosDrak
05-04-2010, 06:03 AM
First of all hi to all, new here....

as im interested on building an airbus-like cockpit, and i dont have that money to spend to buy project magenta software. i might as well use wilco airbus which is not great, but it's good and quite accurate...

but the thing is the font that wilco airbus uses fort the glass cockpit is different the font that airbus uses for the monitors in the real aircrafts..

so is there any way that i can change the wilco airbus font on the glass cockpit and apply the one of my choice??

thank you

PanosDrak
05-05-2010, 03:45 AM
so the answer is no i suppose?

spiro
05-05-2010, 12:52 PM
gia sou pano

well i have been in that position too i am building the a320 and just to let you know i had the sme problem with you projectmagenta was too expencive for me at the time i started building
so i myself started with wilco too on a multi monitor dragin and dropping the instruments
but found out that wilco is very hevey for fsx and i had alot of problems with wilco:(:(
until i saved up and got project magenta witch is work every peny!!!!!!!!!!
and finally got rid of wilco for ever
i am getting the best ever framrates and my cpu is not working so hard i do have lots of airport addons too
so my opinion is wilco is ok but start saving up for PM as it takes it to a diffrent level
but i can give you another altenative

get the airbus colection for starters down load jeehell air bus softwere it is a freewere
only for fsx i think
you dont need mulit pc and it is very very good softwere
also jeehell is a very nice and helpfull person
i did not go with jeehell because i have cockpitsonics fcu/efis unit and it only works with PM
Jeehell has done a fantastic job and i really really liked his softwere
thats my opinion and also he has offsets so you can interface cards like opencockpits
if you like pm me i know how you feel i have been there so pm me and we can met up i am from Greece too
regards spiro

PanosDrak
05-05-2010, 01:00 PM
yes indeed wilco is a bit "heavy" for pc's, it ruins the frame rate so much on fsx... but i thought if got myself a quad-core, and another gig of ram, things would be better...

anyway umm, can u tell me where to download that jeehell software never heard of it... i googled it but it didnt return any results... and i might pm you sometime

ANDYSMITH
05-05-2010, 01:04 PM
Try JeeHellware, real nice airbus glass cockpit ,FSUIPC offsets, ground terrain on the ND, full FMC. and totally FREE!!
file is call A320FMGS_B8.zip.. Search the forums. you will not be dissapionted

Andy Smith

ANDYSMITH
05-05-2010, 01:05 PM
If you go to the main forum secion and look down the page you will see a LARGE JeeHellWare Banner..

Andy

PanosDrak
05-05-2010, 01:07 PM
ok thank you but isnt there an a340 version??? i dislike the a320 i want a340

i know i might be asking for too much

spiro
05-05-2010, 02:32 PM
hi
well i am not shore if jeehell has made any exra 340 not shore but you can all ways ask him he is a very nice person never hert to ask
as for the quad core and extra ram i am not really shore if you will see any changes as fsx only uses one core dose not matter if it duo or qaud
thats what i know
any way just a tip i saw that fsx worked much smoother when i upgraded to win7 64 ulimate
so be carfull and read some of the forums on this site before you go out and spend money on ram
on PM you have a choise of a320 and a340

regards spiro