PDA

View Full Version : Some completed Igor Plug Boards...

Buddym
05-03-2010, 10:55 PM
These are ready to ship, just need to get the chips plugged in and away we go!

Rockeyes
05-04-2010, 03:00 AM
Have you any instructions for these units that you can post up? I would like to get an idea on what they can do and what’s required to run them?

Thanks

Buddym
05-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Hi,

Yes, when the first board is shipped there will be a complete guide to using it. In a nutshell though,
The board plugs in via USB
It has 8 pins for I/O the first release of software may only support output though..
It has a bi-directional serial port that operates at TTL levels....
There is a driver to install, and a DLL that support writing your own code....
It's completely open-source.

I will post a how-to that shows a small app that reads offset data from FSUIPC and then toggles outputs on the Igor Plug to control things like gear lights, markers, etc.

Buddy

Buddym
05-04-2010, 02:00 PM
If you google Igor cesko and/or Igor Plug you will find links to the site for the board design, the driver, and details on how to use the DLL. Igor designed it as part of the Atmel App Note 309, all I did was find it, design a small PCB for it, and test some code that ties it to FSUIPC. All the hard stuff was done by Igor and Pete Dawson. I am standing on the shoulders of giants indeed! Version 2 is in the works, again based on Igor's work. This one will have 16 I/O pins, and a serial port with RS-232 levels.

Buddy