PDA

View Full Version : Garmin G1000

Jasmckee
04-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Hi Guys,

found this forum the other day, and the build of the Garmin G530 on here has inspired me to build two Garmin G1000 panels, i will use the FSX G1000 and any that come with aircraft to start of with.

I have got two 12.1" lcd screen coming to me (got quite cheap on ebay) which will be the starting point of the project, once i have got the scren i can then start the build. if there is a lot of interest i will keep a record of the build and update you all with pictures as i go.

Since this is my first FS harware project it should be intresting for me, i don't think the building it will be hard, the hardest part for me is the design of the face plate, pcb and making it operational.

Jason

Paul Thomas
05-01-2010, 07:57 AM
A very interesting project you've started up with Jason. I am sure there will be many GA cockpitbuilders who will follow the updates and your building with great interest. Hope you will keep us informed.

Jasmckee
05-01-2010, 10:15 PM
well so far so good, i have managed to nail down almsot all of the sitches that i need, but there is one that eludes me, that is the multi functioon control that control;s the map zoom, menu scrolling etc, i can get a switch that willl do all but the left and right twist, so i am have to comprimise on this and put a zoom in out button in, i can find controllers (3axis mini sticks) but they are far to large to do what i need. looking at getting some switch covers custom made to fit the panel.

well back to it :)

jollive
05-03-2010, 04:16 PM
I'm also planning to build three modules of G1000, two PFDs and one MD. I'm designing the bezels. As far as I could see in the specifications of Garmin the screens are 10.4 not 12.1.
I am as a reference that size for my design. (10.4)

Buddym
05-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Good luck on this project, keep us posted! We all get inspired the the successes of others! That 530 project is awesome.

Buddy

Jasmckee
05-04-2010, 12:18 AM
thanks for the encougement guys. quick question for those in the know, i don't have access to a g1000, so i am basing diemensions on pics etc,

one thing a icannot seem to get looking right is the buttons, anyone able to tell me what size buttons are used

thanks

Jason

jollive
05-04-2010, 11:29 AM
I used dimensions from pictures too. The buttons at the bottom of the frame (12 in total) are 9 x 5 mm separated by 8.5 mm.
Remember that the measure of separation between the buttons will depend of the electronic components pitch that are multiples of 2.54 mm

Jasmckee
05-04-2010, 11:36 AM
we must be on to something, i got the same distance too, the size of the buttons are about what i had worked out to be as well. that has confirmed to me what i needed. now to find some caps that size, i am half by expecting to make them my self. from what i can tell all the buttons are the same size

Jason

jollive
05-04-2010, 11:59 AM
I was checking the measure of the side buttons and I think it would be better to make them all equal to 9.5 mm x 6.5 mm (approx 3 / 8 "x 1 / 4"). The separation between them approximately 8 mm (5 / 16 "). I will made the buttons by CNC.

Jasmckee
05-05-2010, 04:44 AM
well i have finished the design of the fornt panel for the g1000, here are the design pics:

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s162/jastheace14/audio-1.jpg

the audio panel

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s162/jastheace14/backpanel-1.jpg

the back panel of the g1000

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s162/jastheace14/leftpanel-1.jpg http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s162/jastheace14/rightpanel-1.jpg

the left and right panels, now the left and right has been designed to overlay the back panel (gets the 3d effect)

all the panels will be made in clear perspex, and i will paint and letter them myself, the goal is i will paint white first, then mask the lettering and symbols, and put on a couple of coats of black, this should hopefully block the light from backlighting that i hope to do later in the project.
cost for materials and laser cutting it about 240usd, which isn't too bad, some local companies what to charge double that

love to know what you think

also i am looking at buttons, i am thinking about getting some clear plastic square rod, cutting to size then painting, turning into quite a project this:)

Jason

mondo50m
05-05-2010, 07:42 AM
Load up the DXF file and see if anyone here can give a hand with the cutouts and engraving. This does not look too complicated.

Milt

Jasmckee
05-05-2010, 08:04 AM
i have decided not to get engravings done as they add so much cost to the project, it was staggering to see how much a single line added to the price. it doesn't really bother me too much, i am thinking about adding the lines above the bottom switches with some thin plastic strip. it means it will be raised instead of resesced, the buttons won't be that hard to make, just time consuming, give me something to do while watching tv. and anywhay it is a simualtion not a replication. for me as long as it looks like the panle, and acts like it i am not to worried about the smaller details :) i will post the DXF files if anyone want to use them.

mondo50m
05-05-2010, 08:16 AM
I would like to give it a go for you. Put up the files and I will give it a try. Always willing to help out.

Milt

Jasmckee
05-05-2010, 08:34 AM
I would like to give it a go for you. Put up the files and I will give it a try. Always willing to help out.

Milt

i have uploaded the files, just waiting for them to be cleared. the thing that gets me is the cost to make these, here in Aus it is almost twice the price without any engeaving or such, even shipped from america i think it will be cheaper, i would prefer the job done here, but cost factors put it out of my price range,

i would like to see what you can do with these, as this is my first project, so still learning the ropes as it were

mondo50m
05-05-2010, 08:40 AM
Once I get the files, I will do a prelim cut out of foamed PVC just to see what it looks like. The I will give a go with 3.2mm Makrolon. Does not hurt to see if it can be done without taking out a loan.

Milt

Jasmckee
05-05-2010, 08:42 AM
would love to see the results, waht sort of cost would it be for these panels?

mondo50m
05-05-2010, 08:48 AM
It will not be much, if anything. I enjoy helping out. Just have to wait for the files to post...may get to some of it today. I do not see any text on the files so far. I will be needing that part also. Plus, I will try and make some sort of switch tops if you can let me know the text.

Milt

Jasmckee
05-05-2010, 08:54 AM
there is no text on them as i didn't add any, i can add some text and reupload the files, as far as swithc tops, i will design some up

mondo50m
05-05-2010, 08:56 AM
Ok, just waiting for the upload to get approved and posted.

Milt

Jasmckee
05-05-2010, 09:04 AM
hi i think the files are uploaded, i have made a quick button shape up, do you want me to send that to you direct

Jasmckee
05-05-2010, 09:06 AM
Hello,

this is my Garmin 1000 Cockpit with 12" Display and selfmade Frontplate from Schaeffer-AG.de

Works with PM GAGC

http://s3.directupload.net/file/d/2055/23y3g495_jpg.htm

Ronny

that looks nice ronny, job well well done

mondo50m
05-05-2010, 09:10 AM
yeah, thats fine.

Milt

mondo50m
05-05-2010, 09:12 AM
I do not see the file posted yet. You did upload them to the downloads section, dxf files did you not?

Jasmckee
05-05-2010, 09:18 AM
I do not see the file posted yet. You did upload them to the downloads section, dxf files did you not?

yup. i can see them on the side menu, but maybe they ahven't been cleared yet

mondo50m
05-05-2010, 09:23 AM
Yeah, they are on the sidebar, just can not access them yet.

Milt

jollive
05-05-2010, 04:27 PM
A question for those who are making this project. With that plan to do so-called joystick control that is used for range / movement of the cursor on the map?. Thank you very much

Jose

Jasmckee
05-05-2010, 07:48 PM
i have used a five way nav joystick, i could not find one that has the twist function in it, i i am thinking i might have to use another switch for that part of it's function. it is digikey part number EG4561-ND. i am thinking this wqill work, but i will let you know once i have started the assembly

jason

mondo50m
05-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Yes, I got one of the button files, but it is not a DXF file, I really eed it to be DXF. Send me the right one.

Milt

jollive
05-06-2010, 10:34 AM
i have used a five way nav joystick, i could not find one that has the twist function in it, i i am thinking i might have to use another switch for that part of it's function. it is digikey part number EG4561-ND. i am thinking this wqill work, but i will let you know once i have started the assembly

jason

But this also turns to adjust the map range. According to the manual says has 23 positions from 500 ft to 2000 NM. How will you do that?. I am thinking of a rotary switch (KC1901) over your EG4561-ND

Jasmckee
05-06-2010, 11:29 AM
and that was my problem that i had, i couldn't find a switch that did all the functions that one required. i am thinking that the nav key will work better that a rotary as it will allow you to scroll the menus and such, for the zoom, i am thinking about a return to center switch, but again i am going to see what i can get to work, still on a look out for the correct switch/control, funny thing is that my car stereo has the exact control i need, but cannot find that control anywhere :)

cjellwood
06-10-2010, 01:47 PM
Interesting thread. I am working on this too but with a 10.4" screen, not 12". It would be nice to use 12" because not many 10.4" screens are capable of 1024 res :(

The buttons are the trickiest part and finding concenrtic encoders for the knobs is proving hard work. In fact the button/knob issue wound me up so badly that I went and bought the original set from a Garmin distributor at great expense.

http://www.leons-world.com/img/g1000-cad_400.gif
http://www.leons-world.com/img/g1000_cad_600.gif
http://www.leons-world.com/img/g1000_but1_600.jpg
http://www.leons-world.com/img/g1000_but2_600.jpg

Chris

mondo50m
06-10-2010, 05:44 PM
I have just uploaded the file I drew using Cut2d. I have already cut this panel in 1/4" lexan. I do not know how long it will take to post, but sometimes it can take a while. Any questions, just ask.

Milt

Jasmckee
06-10-2010, 06:35 PM
yes i am sort of resigned to the fact that until i can afford the genuine knobs the knobs will not be the exact replicas. i have found a source of know here is aus, so that has made life a little easier.

as far as the build goes, ihave got the panels, got the lcd controllers, now i am working on the back cover which will double as a holder for all the pcb's and the front panels will sit on top of it. just have to work out dimensions and actually build it. i have designed, etched and asembled all the pcbs for both screens, not what you would expect from mass produced items, but very tidy and usable none the less.

I have come up with a solution to the labeling issue, i am going to print my own decals on white decal paper. which will be put on to the panels and buttons, then depending on how much light is let through, i may have to put a coulpe of layers down. the decal method seems to be the most cost effective way i can find to do this. i will then clear laquer over them to give a nice hard finish

but everything is on hold at the moment, as my wife is in hospital with a blood clot in her leg, so until she is better everything else is on hold.

i will try and post some pictures of what i have accomplished so far when i get a chance

Jason

mondo50m
06-10-2010, 06:42 PM
Jason, above all, take care of the wife first. I would be interested in seeing the PCBs, as I also make my own. I use the positive resist method. My boards have been coming out really well lately. One of these days I may even make something for myself...I am more interested in Helicopters than I am in planks. The Bell 206 may be the one I model.....who knows. Take care of the wife.

Milt

mondo50m
06-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Really nice panel. Is it backlit?

Milt

mondo50m
06-11-2010, 04:14 PM
I really do not know, but I imagine it should be.

Milt

Jasmckee
06-17-2010, 04:57 AM
well i am having to chop up the panels alttle to make it work, wo it isn't going to be quite the polished item i had hoped, a few things have cionsipred against me, th screens are the big one. but that is ok for me, as it was more about function and a simulation not an exact replica. will try and post some pics of the progress.

my wife is out of hospital, so i now have a bvit more time to work on my panels

Jason

jollive
06-17-2010, 06:27 AM
my wife is out of hospital

Jason

This is a very good news. Congratulations

Jasmckee
06-17-2010, 06:42 AM
thanks it is good to have her home and not worrying so much

Jason

mondo50m
06-17-2010, 07:37 AM
Glad to hear that your wife is home. Now, get back to work.

Milt

Jasmckee
06-17-2010, 07:57 AM
would love too, but unfoirtuantly i am on proper holidays until tuesday, so i am just going to have to stay at home;)

B738pilot
07-12-2010, 05:11 AM
Interesting thread. I am working on this too but with a 10.4" screen, not 12". It would be nice to use 12" because not many 10.4" screens are capable of 1024 res :(

The buttons are the trickiest part and finding concenrtic encoders for the knobs is proving hard work. In fact the button/knob issue wound me up so badly that I went and bought the original set from a Garmin distributor at great expense.

Chris

I am also planning to use G1000 in my sim, however I am not sure whether to use 12" or 10,4" LCD. I'd like to use the latter one, as it is the size of the monitors in Tecnam P2006t but I am afraid that the resolution might be too low...

I cannot find any similar knobs either, therefore I got interested in buying original Garmin ones. Can you please tell me what the cost for the whole set was?

Thanks in advance for help :)

cjellwood
07-12-2010, 05:38 AM
The total price for knobs (PFD and MFD) was £170. I thought the order would include buttons but just knobs unfortunately.

Chris

B738pilot
07-12-2010, 07:30 AM
The total price for knobs (PFD and MFD) was £170. I thought the order would include buttons but just knobs unfortunately.

Chris

Wow thanks for such a quick response :D

That's expensive, especially considering that they don't include buttons... I sent an e-mail to Garmin asking for the whole set including buttons but I'm still waiting for the answer...

Anyway, thanks once again :)

cjellwood
07-12-2010, 07:36 AM
Garmin will just forward you to one of their suppliers. If you are in the UK then contact a guy named Alec Vincent at www.rgv.co.uk

Let me know if you get word on the buttons because I still need those

Chris

Jasmckee
07-21-2010, 11:38 PM
well i am starting from scrath again, the screens did not fit the faces very well at all, my fault for not thinking it through and giving my self a little more room to work. so i have redesigned the front panels, and will get these made from aluminimum, still working out how to back light the buttons and such, but may for goe this as it could add alot more issues than anything, as far as the buttons goe, i had some made, not the exact replicas, but close enough.

as far as the panel goes, i will be createing home made dry transfers for the lettering and symbols, then procect them with some semi gloss clear laquer. now all i have to do is redesign the pcbs, get some elma dual encoders and start work. hope to have some pics as i get it done.

the 12.1 screen i use atre 800x600pixels in size but are running at a 1024x768 res, they look good running the minstart aviation g1000 software. i belive that the g1000's don't have a higher res than what i am using anyways

Jason

cjellwood
07-22-2010, 11:42 AM
maybe we can work together on the next round because next week I will be commissioning a 3D design and aluminium prototype of the G1000 surround panel. There is no reason why that part cannot be formed from ABS but the hole trimming will be a pain unless it goes into a CNC afterwards. We probably have differing screen sizes anyway but worth mentioning.

Chris

Jasmckee
07-22-2010, 03:17 PM
maybe we can work together on the next round because next week I will be commissioning a 3D design and aluminium prototype of the G1000 surround panel. There is no reason why that part cannot be formed from ABS but the hole trimming will be a pain unless it goes into a CNC afterwards. We probably have differing screen sizes anyway but worth mentioning.

Chris

would be intrested in seeing the finished product and what sort of cost it would be, for me to get the panels made and sent to me, in 3mm aluminmum it is going to cost about $300aud, i will have to do a few little things like paint and letter it and drill mounting holes, and of course it wont have the 3d relief that the real garmins have.

as far as the screens go, i have found that you need to add a little bit around the screens to get it all to fit properly, it is only about 5mm each side, but that allows the screesn to sit flush with the panel and give you room for the switches and PCB's. i am using the AUoptronics 12.1 lcds for mine, and i will be going to use the leodebonar dual encoders, means i will be buying his card too, and the OC mastercard doesn't like these encoders, and using the encoder card will be way to expensive.

if you would like to know more spec about the lcds i am using let me know.

Jason

jollive
07-26-2010, 08:38 AM
i will be going to use the leodebonar dual encoders, means i will be buying his card too, and the OC mastercard doesn't like these encoders, and using the encoder card will be way to expensive.
Jason

About this, I was looking and the various softwares that simulate G-1000 using combinations of keys to its commands.
Reason for which I will use for my encoders and switches an OC USBKeys and Encoders II card with a modified PIC.
About the LCD screen, can you give us the specific model??. I am seen, those are only the LCD panel for repair notebooks.
Thank you very much

RojanTrojan
07-26-2010, 10:12 AM
Hurrah! Glad to see I'm not alone. Very interesting project. I'm also building a Garmin 1000 equipped aircraft (C172) using Project Magenta GAGC. I'm using 10.4inch Toshiba screens used for kiosks. I had trouble fitting the screens around the buttons, still trying to work this one out. The screen frame seems to extend to the left, so I have to work aorund that. Also using Leo Bodnar's Elma dual encoders for mine too.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__9E8h0v10eE/S3xOCEW45mI/AAAAAAAAAJw/39wW00du-N4/s320/Cessna+Glass+Project.jpeg

Keep us posted Jason. The design is looking good.

Rhydian

My Blog here...

http://www.cessnaglasscockpit.blogspot.com/

Jasmckee
07-26-2010, 09:42 PM
hi the screens are auoptronics G121SN01, i am using these witha card i got from ebay which allows you to use it like a standard monitor. on that note things have changed as far as building the g1000, in fact i am stopping, my simutlator intrests are changing and i am looking at building a boeing product sim. as such i will be selling the screens (will list in for sale area). main descision for this has been easy location of beoing panels etc.

Rhydian, there are two ways you can tackle the screen problem (i have the same, but on both sides of the screen) one way is to extened bezels around the screen (not an exact replica then, but 5-10mm is not that noticable) or option two is to get some tiny micro switches and work out a mounting system for the buttons and such. i was ging done the first route.

hope that helps a little

Jason

vamaral
08-03-2010, 08:00 PM
Hi Guys
My name is Vitor I’m from Portugal and I’m a Flight simulator enthusiast I started to build my own simulator but after that some of my friends ask me o do some parts for them because of that I developed several aircraft parts in a fair price not to win money but to help anyone who loves this hobby let him get a realistic felling, as you can see I’m selling some of them in classified item if anyone is interested let me know.
Right now I’m developing a G1000 to be used with a 10” tft I already have a preliminary draw (see photos) I’m thinking to do it using 3D printer or stereolitografy but this is only possible if we can do a list of interested guys in this product this technology is very precise but is very expensive too, anyone have other ideas? Anyone have a 3D scan from the original G1000? I’m open to help you in any develop that you need I’m able to do any parts you would need you can contact me to my email vamaral@portugalmail.com
Cheers Vitor :grin:

jollive
08-04-2010, 06:45 AM
i am using these with a card i got from ebay which allows you to use it like a standard monitor.
Jason

Jason: Can you give us the card model or some info about this?. I can see that option (notebook panel + converter card) is cheaper than a monitor. Thank you very much.

Jose

No Longer Active
08-04-2010, 08:06 AM
I have a solution, I have made a brief mockup of using 2 x ebay 12" touchscreen monitors!

http://alexpilot.50g.com/mockupgarmin.jpg

Two of these monitors cost £360 combined! All you would need is to make the centre panel which just consists of knobs and buttons.

Cheap and effective, you will just need software and offsets and then you should be pretty much ok!

Jasmckee
08-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Jason: Can you give us the card model or some info about this?. I can see that option (notebook panel + converter card) is cheaper than a monitor. Thank you very much.

Jose

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280504773909. this is the card i got, you let them know what screen you have and they will program the controller to work for it, nice and cheap and best part, it works too. hope this helps a little

Jason

epaton
09-14-2010, 12:47 AM
Wow, this work is very impressive. I would love to see our own software displayed in these beautiful bezels/hardware. I work with a small group of programmers in California to create instrumentation and avionics for flight simulators. We recently completed the final testing and release of our Garmin G1000 (we call it the FTS1000). Short of buying the real hardware, it does not get any closer to the real thing than this. Autopilot integration, WAAS, RNP and ILS approaches on a 28 day renewal cycle, and available for 12 different aircraft. It was tailored for pilots working on an IFR rating using glass cockpits and GA aircraft. Check out this video of the software in an FAA approved AATD flight simulator from Precision Flight Controls. The cost for home simmers and non-commercial use is only $140 US plus taxes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHnIkKNx50k

autocadplease
09-14-2010, 01:05 AM
epaton,

Your product does look very impressive, but is it only X-plane?

epaton
09-14-2010, 02:14 AM
Only X-Plane currently. Yes, it works over a network with two computers.

jollive
03-01-2011, 02:04 PM
Any news about this project?. I'm working in the design of the PCB and the frame. I've bought a 10.4 LCD monito to disarm and prove it.
Has anyone solved the issue of navigation switch?.
Does anyone know if it's 4 or 8-way navigation plus encoder?.
Some manuals show 4 positions but some software supports 8 assignments.
Thank you very much and greetings to all.

Jose

epaton
03-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Any news about this project?. I'm working in the design of the PCB and the frame. I've bought a 10.4 LCD monito to disarm and prove it.
Has anyone solved the issue of navigation switch?.
Does anyone know if it's 4 or 8-way navigation plus encoder?.
Some manuals show 4 positions but some software supports 8 assignments.
Thank you very much and greetings to all.

Jose

I think you are asking about the joy for panning the map. correct? It is an 8 way joy. SimAVIO FTS1000 has key assignments for all 8 positions, plus the left, right and push for the encoder.

There is a new SimAVIO Garmin G1000 in beta that has the following new features:
• Panel builder: open/edit and create new instrument panels!!!
• Aircraft sounds are now generated by SimAVIO to resolve issue with X-Plane sound muting when not the active window!!!
• Performance enhancements eliminate issues with unresponsiveness in SimAVIO while pressing buttons/knobs.
• FTS1000 fixes and further feature enhancements
• Avidyne fixes and further feature enhancements
• Analog panel fixes and further feature enhancements
• New aircraft:
o Robinson R22 helicopter (new product)
o Cessna 425 and Cessna 340 (merged into the Cessna product)
o Cirrus SR20 steam gauge (non-Avidyne)(merged into the Cirrus product)
• Garmin G1000 specific X-Plane acf files for Cessna aircraft with accurate electrics and systems
• Graphical user interface for assigning buttons/knobs to your keyboard
• Graphical user interface for Opening/Saving panels and layouts
• Match SimAVIO panels with X-Plane aircraft for seamless auto loading without renaming files
• Hide mouse-over indications to enhance the look of your bezels
• GUI controls to adjust X-Plane’s visual horizon for enhancement visibility over your panel’s glare shield
• Reversion projection: used in rare cases when cockpit builders back-project the instruments from behind the panel
• Diagnostic charts for tracing performance related issues and troubleshooting
• Sound mixer to adjust the volume in various categories
• Merging of our Standalone Avionics product into ALL analog panel products (for those who qualify for an upgrade, just ask for any of our existing analog products)
• Added a 7 day grace period for you to unlock SimAVIO. You have 100% functionality immediately after download
• Help menu has quick-links to the log files, manual, web support, and diagnostic tools.
• Tool for transferring your SimAVIO license to a new computer

jollive
03-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Ronny, thanks for the link to F1 product. I didn´t know this software.

Eric, I know about the FTS1000. It has 8 positions.
But Project Magenta has 4 though 8 arrows
The photographs of the real aircraft has 4 arrows.
As this Navegation switch can not be bought in the market will have to build from a navigation switch plus an encoder.
That Navegation switch in real plane is 4 or 8 positions

epaton
03-01-2011, 08:18 PM
The 8 way joy + encoder + push switch is available for sale in the US. I don't know who makes it, but I know PFC uses one in their Garmin G1000 bezel. You can always just purchase their bezels (but whats the fun in that!)

Jasmckee
03-02-2011, 01:19 AM
The 8 way joy + encoder + push switch is available for sale in the US. I don't know who makes it, but I know PFC uses one in their Garmin G1000 bezel. You can always just purchase their bezels (but whats the fun in that!)

i found this in aus at farnells http://au.element14.com/alps/rkjxk122400/navigation-switch-resistive-pcb/dp/1656443

this was the closest i could find, the pcb was the biggest problem for my and my project has ground to a halt. other commitments have come up. would love to see some progress pics or drawings. i think it would be considarably cheaper to build your own as apposed to buying a ready made bezel, mind you if i could i would buy a ready made one if it wasn't prohibativly expensive

Jason

maussuam
03-02-2011, 07:15 AM
Hey,

perhaps I found what you are looking for. A Joystick with rotary encoder and push function in it. It is also used for automotive applications.
Grayhill Encoder (http://www.grayhill.com/web1/images/ProductImages/Opt_Encoder_60A.pdf)

Regards,
Bastian

Jasmckee
03-02-2011, 11:34 PM
bingo that is the one it looks like it does everything needed, not sure about interfacing though, could be a challange same with finding one to buy

Jason

maussuam
03-03-2011, 02:49 AM
Perhaps you can use a small microcontroller interface. Something like an arduino (http://www.arduino.cc) board...
Someone (http://arduino.cc/playground/Main/RotaryEncoders) did already the interfacing with an encoder. For example, you can can simply add the board as a HID via USB and let it send a keystroke for "increase", "decrease", joystick directions and push button. These keystrokes you can assign in your FS. I think you can do this with all of your buttons of the G1000. Or you can use the board as a Joystick interface with buttons you can assign in your FS.

Regards
Bastian

jollive
03-03-2011, 07:32 AM
I find this http://www.alps.com/WebObjects/catalog.woa/E/HTML/MultiControl/Switch/RKJXT/RKJXT1F42001.html#Output%20Chart from ALPS.
But it has 4 directional switches. Here I ask again. Has the real G1000 a 4 directions switch or 8 directions switch?

jan_eddh
04-13-2012, 04:53 AM
Hi all,

long time no new posts here. i am currently investigating on doing a similar project for Citation Mustang using the Flight1 Model and everything.

The hardest part for me as a perfectionist is to find the correct dimensions of the GFC 700 and the Keyboard. Maybe somebody has those. I am planning to use Acrylic for the G1000 MFD and PFD as well for the GFC700 unit.

As switches I intend to use MEC switches with frost white 1X round and square caps which I intend to paint and have them engraved unless i find a better solution.

Has anybody thought of the idea instead of using engraving techniques to use etching? maybe a thin brass or copper foil and glue it to the acrylic?

Have a nice day!

Jan

hexpope
04-13-2012, 05:57 AM
Hi all,

long time no new posts here. i am currently investigating on doing a similar project for Citation Mustang using the Flight1 Model and everything.

The hardest part for me as a perfectionist is to find the correct dimensions of the GFC 700 and the Keyboard. Maybe somebody has those. I am planning to use Acrylic for the G1000 MFD and PFD as well for the GFC700 unit.

As switches I intend to use MEC switches with frost white 1X round and square caps which I intend to paint and have them engraved unless i find a better solution.

Has anybody thought of the idea instead of using engraving techniques to use etching? maybe a thin brass or copper foil and glue it to the acrylic?

Have a nice day!

Jan

Check your PM's