PDA

View Full Version : LED Driver for GA Soon to Be Available

Buddym
04-27-2010, 10:25 PM
Hi all,

I don't usually post much in the GA forum, but since the Igor Plug is close to being useable, I thought I would jump in, for anyone who hasn't seen this thread running in the I/O forum.

The IP-8 is an 8-output USB card that can drive 8 LEDs for indicators in your cockpit. Stuff like marker
indicators for the inner/outer markers, etc. I know there are plenty of interfaces out there to do this already, but this one is really inexpensive, in fact if you are handy with electronics you can build it yourself for about $7!!!!

I have had PCBs made, and I am working with other members here to develop and test a configuration
utility to easily make it work with FSUIPC offsets. The hardware is open-source, and the software will be
as well. Moreover, the project has a DLL that anyone can interface with using C, VB, etc. I wrote my
test/evaluation code in VB and it's simple. I think our more experienced code jockies will be able to
come up with a great utility for configuring the card.

If you have interest in this project, follow the progress in the I/O forum, and feel free to PM me for
more info. A full tutorial is in the works. Since this is open-source, the parts kit is reall cheap, only $20 plus shipping.

This includes a PCB, pre-programmed ATMEL ATTINY2313 microcontroller, and all of the remaining parts
required to build a working board. If you want an assembled and tested board I will stuff one with parts
and test it for another $10, but please consider giving it a try yourself! It's only about 40 solder points!

Keep in mind that there is only a skeleton of software to support it so far, so unless you are ready to start writing code for it, hold off until we get a Beta release ready. On the other hand, I would say anyone with some experience writing
code in C++ or VB and/or SIOC can probably make a fair atempt at it.

Anyway, more to come!

Buddy

wojteku
04-28-2010, 07:17 AM
That's a fantastic news!
Exactly what I'll be looking for for my cockpit!
Once the product's up and running you've got at least one customer!
Great job guys!

Paul Thomas
04-28-2010, 07:37 AM
Good news, will follow the project with much interest.

Bjarne Horsbøl
04-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Hear..hear !!! :)

No Longer Active
05-02-2010, 07:15 AM
That's fantastic Buddy!

A very good product you have come up with here, when your BETA version of the software is ready, I will definitely have one of these boards off you!

Kind Regards,

Alex