PDA

View Full Version : Will these switches be acceptable?

Boeing 747 Flyer
04-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Hello everyone,

I am looking to build my own CDU, for the LDS767 interfaced with O/C USBKeys Card, Lekseecon.

I am just wondering if the following switches will be acceptable:

- For the square, "Letter" Keys: http://www.rapidonline.com/Electronic-Components/Switches/Push-Button-Switches/Square-push-switches-1A/30275

- For the circular, "Numeric" Keys: The one Nico uses in his 767 FMC

- For the larger, "FUNC" Keys: The same as the Square "Letter" Keys, just with a slight modification to the looks

Please tell me if these are okay, as I know some switches won't work (like make-before-break can cause some sratnge results), so please tell me if they are suitable for the job of the CDU.

Thanks alot,

Jack:D

ian@737ng.co.uk
04-24-2010, 09:48 PM
hi jack.........
first of all, the 'make before break' condition doesn't apply to these switches because they are purely a pushbutton. that is you have to push them to bridge the contact and thus make the circuit (basically they are normally open until you press them when they become closed).
perfect if you want to use them with the OC USBKeys card.
however, i have used these switches and they are 15mm wide, maybe worth looking for a slightly smaller switch of this type.
good luck anyway, you've got a lot of soldering to do, i know i built my first CDU as well :o
regards ... ian

Boeing 747 Flyer
04-25-2010, 05:05 AM
H Ian,

The size of the switch is perfect for my CDU, I already have a few and they are fine (I am more worried about the technology circuit side of things).

Hopefully they will do the job then.