PDA

View Full Version : Announcing new product! Yoke base pivot

Westozy
04-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Hi all, here is the prototype of my latest product! It is a base mount for Boeing type control columns. Any diameter of column can be attached to it just by drilling two holes through the column tube. The prototype has 50 degress of motion and the gear ratio is 5:1 so it rotates the 10Kohm potentiometer 250 degrees. The pitch angle can be altered by request as it just means a slight alteration to the CNC file. I still have another minor alteration to do to improve the pot mount but basically this is the unit. AUD$125 plus postage to solve the issue of pitch transmission!

http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/data/611/Column-base-001.gif
http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/data/611/Column-base-002.gif

Cheers, Gwyn

Steve A
04-20-2010, 12:05 AM
Thats so cool Gwyn, as soon as funds are available im ordering, the price is fantastic.
P.s any plans for the top part?

Westozy
04-20-2010, 01:51 AM
Thats so cool Gwyn, as soon as funds are available im ordering, the price is fantastic.
P.s any plans for the top part?

I assume you mean the yoke elbow? I have made some of these before. They would comprise of an elbow with a sleeve/roller bearing/hollow axle with a flange for the yoke and a potentiometer drive. That's a good idea for the next product in the 'generic' category - too easy!!! Back to Ken's TQ for now...

Cheers Gwyn

riche543
04-20-2010, 04:53 AM
You clever bugger !!! Nice job Gwyn ...

Rockeyes
04-20-2010, 05:11 AM
Very nice indeed but you 737 guy's are really getting spoiled :-( . How about a design for a cyclic / Joystick? :-D

twisted8
04-20-2010, 09:29 AM
Looks great! I would also be interested in this along with the elbow part, nice job!

SAS541
04-20-2010, 10:51 AM
Gwyn,

Wow, that is impressive and just the right timing for me, as i am just about to build a Yoke. I would also be very interested in the yoke elbow as well.

How much would they cost to ship to Sweden?

Best regards
Ben

capetonian
04-20-2010, 12:01 PM
Put me down for one please

Shawn
04-20-2010, 12:58 PM
Very cool design Gwyn , simple and effective. If you could do something similar for a cyclic style control I would be at the front of the line for one. :D

Steve A
04-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Gwyn your gonna need to take on some staff soon, Fancy sponsoring me :p

flatlandpilot
04-20-2010, 06:43 PM
Really nice Gwyn, great design.
a friend of me wants to train helicopter (Robinson 44) in my sim
I was thinking about a collective handle
and can stop thinking now.

Will there be versions with a steppermotor on the other side ?
I hope you get an european distributor soon ;)

Westozy
04-20-2010, 10:26 PM
Thanks guys, apart from the usual TQs and stuff I am focussing on producing products to make simbuilding easier and I will continue on this venture. I think a double pivot for a cyclic/joystick is a good idea and I'll produce one soon.

SAS541 - postage to Sweden - at a guess AUD$20-25

Flatlandpilot - I don't know why you would want a stepper motor attached to a yoke base? Can you clarify for me?

If you wish to order this product, please send me a PM for Paypal details etc!

Cheers, Gwyn
www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Kennair
04-20-2010, 11:19 PM
Back to Ken's TQ for now...

Cheers Gwyn

Hmm, yes I'm very glad of that cos the way this business is going there'll be a long cue for future items. Gwyn, fancy training up partner? I was a gun at machine shop in high school :)

Fantastic idea on the column pivot Gwyn, I'll be ordering two with some form of dual linkage (another product line perhaps?). Actually the way its going, my sim will be a showcase of all Aerosim products.

Cheers,

Ken.

flatlandpilot
04-21-2010, 03:33 AM
a force feedback yoke, so you can feel hitting the runway, extending the flaps,
closing the gear doors etc.