PDA

View Full Version : Holder for Routers

iwik
04-19-2010, 03:16 PM
Hi Guys,
My holder for my router on my CNC table has cracked.It was only made of 2mm plastic.The diameter of the router is 60mm.Can anyone suggest where i may obtain something to fit.The original router is a
Harborfreight Chicargo Trim router(very cheap).I dont want to buy another of there holders as they will just break again.Any comments appreciated.Probotix has something for a Bosch Colt which may be ok but it is 100 bucks.
Thanks
Les

spitfire9
04-19-2010, 03:36 PM
Zenbot had a few holders for the Colt, rotozip and ,Dremel,, I believe. Don,t know the cost or if they will fit on your machine .

Westozy
04-19-2010, 08:56 PM
Hi Les, can you post a pic of your problematic piece, I might be able to reproduce it in aluminium for you!

Cheers, Gwyn

iwik
04-20-2010, 04:52 AM
Spitfire9:Thanks for the reply,checked their website,dont seem to list it as a part to purchase,more as an option when buying their machine.
Gwyn:I have attached a pic, would be good if u could do something.ive included a pic of one i said was available for US$100 with freight to nz.
If it were made with a diameter of 72mm the it would do my present router and the Bosch Colt if i need to later.
By the way, what spindle do u use?
Thanks
Les

Westozy
04-20-2010, 10:42 PM
Spitfire9:Thanks for the reply,checked their website,dont seem to list it as a part to purchase,more as an option when buying their machine.
Gwyn:I have attached a pic, would be good if u could do something.ive included a pic of one i said was available for US$100 with freight to nz.
If it were made with a diameter of 72mm the it would do my present router and the Bosch Colt if i need to later.
By the way, what spindle do u use?
Thanks
Les

US$100 for that piece seems ok, I can see the time needed to manufacture that, it's not a bad price! I use a variable speed Ryobi router model PRG-621V - it cost AUD$65 and is a great unit producing good results.

Regards, Gwyn

iwik
04-21-2010, 05:21 AM
Thanks Gwyn,
Yes i tend to agree, seems quite substantial. Thanks for taking a look. By the way u do some awesome work.If i wasnt a GA man i would be into your stuff.
Keep up the good work.
Les

Westozy
04-21-2010, 08:26 AM
Thanks Gwyn,
Yes i tend to agree, seems quite substantial. Thanks for taking a look. By the way u do some awesome work.If i wasnt a GA man i would be into your stuff.
Keep up the good work.
Les

Cheers Les, don't forget my specialty is 'custom order', I'll make any part I can time permitting, GA or Airliners or hot air balloon!!!

Gwyn

iwik
04-21-2010, 02:25 PM
Gwyn,
Ive got that imfo locked into memory.
Les

robinpaschal
08-28-2010, 10:42 AM
It's a slip of the spectrum processing doesn't stick so you have jars of it, but not dirty. It's one of those things that I bought on impulse thinking it might work and did. If you've got one of those stores near you keep a little 1.2 in the car and when you go inside to try it. I'm sure other stores House ware the same thing. I am always on the lookout for the purposes of cross in the shops, for example, equivalent to fly supplies at craft stores, shop for computer equipment for boats, etc.

fsaviator
08-29-2010, 12:55 AM
iwik,

I have the V90 Colt mount. It is very well made. If you want the measurements, let me know.

Warren

iwik
08-29-2010, 01:47 AM
Warren,
Thanks for the reply, i bought the Bosch Colt holder from Probotix. Works a treat.
Les