PDA

View Full Version : What's the best indoor mini rc helicopter?

CessnaGuy
04-19-2010, 12:30 PM
Hi,

I have just bought a TY901 mini rc helicopter and has modified it for longer batter life by removing the LED's and would like to purchase a second indoor helicopter, does anyone have any good recommendations?

Kind Regards,

Alex

Neil Hewitt
04-19-2010, 02:26 PM
Interestingly, there was a spate of indoor mini-heli mania in my office a few months back. We all bought something, from those with the PicooZ £10 jobbies (they go up and down and that's about it) up to me, who had to go up-market :-)

My current indoor heli of choice is the E-Flite Blade mSR (http://www.kooltoyz.co.uk/blade-msr-rtf-p-789.html).

It ain't cheap, but it's an excellent flyer. Four channels and a blade assembly with pitch control (although not proper collective pitch - you'd need 6 channels for that). It's a single-blade job, unlike the majority of mini-copters which are co-axials - the second blade acting to horizontally stabilise and make it easier for beginners to fly. The mSR is a little more challenging to fly, but not so much that you won't get it after a few hours. Battery life is about 10 mins per battery on a full charge, they take about 5-10 mins to charge from 20%.

Be warned, though - you will break it from time to time. It's inevitable, no matter how good you are. It's by no means a fragile thing, but run it into a wall (or the ground) hard enough, something will snap. All the good online stores carry a full range of spares. Mine's currently down awaiting a new rotor head assembly and frame.

NH

Steve A
04-19-2010, 02:55 PM
LOL i'm thinking how much fun i could have terrorising the 6 cats we have here if i had one.

disclaimer: no animals were harmed in the above sentence

Ronson2k9
04-19-2010, 04:06 PM
LOL i'm thinking how much fun i could have terrorising the 6 cats we have here if i had one.

disclaimer: no animals were harmed in the above sentence

I'd watch that.. When you aren't flying the cats may have their revenge Mahahahaha. Remember Cats eat birds..!!

riche543
04-19-2010, 06:58 PM
Cats & helicopters , this is what came to mind...:lol:
Cheers..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg0ILtH3s5o

Westozy
04-19-2010, 08:54 PM
I have a Blade CX2 which is great fun and not that hard to learn to fly!

Gwyn

CessnaGuy
04-20-2010, 09:38 AM
On the Blade CX2 is the main frame plastic or alloy?

Just than I know plastic is prone to breakage because of it's low resistance to impact, but....it's lighter than alloy which I like, which in turn provides more power and longer battery life.

I also had to change the COG on my frame to balance it evenly, and was wondering how stable the Blade is.

Indeed I do like eflight, better than my Century heli which cost £££'s and ended up in bits....

Westozy
04-20-2010, 10:35 PM
The std CX2 is quite stable out of the box and I didn't have much trouble getting the hang of it. The counter rotating blades are prone to striking each other in high G turns, outdoors of course! When I started to get a bit cocky throwing it around the air I had a blade strike at about 40m up and it plummeted to the ground with a thump, a fory buck prang. The frame is plastic and there are aftermarket shock resistant skids and parts available for it including a rotor shaft kit which puts the blades further apart. I have mine fairly 'souped up' with the Canadian 'racing' kit and it is a great little helicopter!

Cheers Gwyn

CessnaGuy
09-14-2010, 12:24 PM
I know this reply is a little late, but today I finally went and bought the Eflite mCX and its a great little heli. The stock battery isn't that great and I have a battery on order which is a little more powerful so will last a minute or so longer. I bought the BNF version which binds nicely to my Spektrum TX which saved me a few £'s by not having to buy the RTF version.

Will see how I get on with this and maybe have a crack at the next heli up, which is the mSR.....

Watch this space!

All The Best!

Alex

Nick1150
09-14-2010, 02:03 PM
I have several indoor helis. Most of them E-sky, cheap quality, not something to say WOW, but with 90 euro you have fun and you can buy a new one if it totaly crashes the wall !!!!!

I have passed from bigger outdoor 3D helis too, like for instance Gaui Hurricane 550, which was an excelent choise for a beginner like me several years ago. I also tried R/C planes staring with Nextstar nitro and ending up to electric gliders which in my opinion give the most enjoyable and relaxing flying...

Given all these, I realised that the cheaper the toy is, the more fun you have with it, so to make the long story short, E-sky Lama or something similar for indoor, and for outdoor onle planes.

A video during my first steps of helis back in 2008...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaByfVzg6Sw

CessnaGuy
09-15-2010, 05:43 AM
Thanks for the video Nick! What you did in your video is very much similar to how I used to practice. I started off with a Century heli, which was indoor/outdoor and cost £200, but just could not fly it as it was too light and too powerful, then I downgraded to the TY901 which is pretty stable if you strip the heli from all its 'heavy' add-ons (bought from the market for £20!!!)....

Now I have got into Eflite, it's excellent quality, VERY stable, easy to fly, cheap parts and very fun.

I have this setup:

http://www.kooltoyz.co.uk/FCKeditor/editor/files/Image/BLADE%20CP%20PRO%202/e2eflh1350trans.jpeg

http://www.kooltoyz.co.uk/images/BLADE%20MCX1.jpeg

Costs around £100 for helicopter + TX!

Excellent Deal.......

Rampix33
01-19-2012, 05:21 AM
Hi,

I have just bought a TY901 mini rc helicopter and has modified it for longer batter life by removing the LED's and would like to purchase a second indoor helicopter, does anyone have any good recommendations?

Kind Regards,

Alex

$65.83 USD. Got to. zwavetech.ca/helicopter

Controlled using your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, the iHelicopter is the world’s coolest RC helicopter. 

Even before you start it, just by holding it in your hand you will love it. Meticulously crafted with stainless steel, the skeleton is robust to withstand even heavy falls from ceiling height. Covered with white-painted acrylic, the body is streamlined and beautiful. The iHelicopter is a true thing of beauty, just like the iDevices which you use to control it. 

Flying the iHelicopter is easy and a lot of fun. All you need to do is download the FREE controller App from the App Store and plug in the transmitter. The App features a band selection (A/B/C) which makes it possible to have 3 iHelicopters flying in the same area. You can use the app to perform a variety of movement, including left/right rotation, forward/back, hover and land. 

The iHelicopter is guaranteed to be the biggest hit on your Christmas gifts. Buy wholesale stock at even lower discounted price today. Even if you don’t plan to sell it, you can buy it as a gift for family or friends who have an Apple product. As always, this latest gadget of super awesomeness is brought to you by your source for hi-tech electronics. 
Dave. zwavetech@gmail.com

judithangels
12-20-2012, 04:24 AM
Ich habe 4-Kanal schöne große RC Hubschrauber mit einem gegenläufigen Doppel-Rotor-System ist im Gegensatz zu anderen

RC Hubschrauber (http://www.nitrotek-modellbau.de/rc-hubschrauber.html) wirklich groß! Über 60 cm lang) mit einem beeindruckenden Auftritt. Bietet maximalen Spaß beim Fliegen innen und außen am besten für begginners. Er bewegt sich wie ein echter Hubschrauber.