PDA

View Full Version : Newbe Vickers Viscount

badbill65
04-11-2010, 09:11 AM
Hello to everybody,im new to the site just been reading through several topics and what a wealth of information and some very smart individuals indeed.
My intention is to build a simpit of a Vickers Viscount, ive managed to rescue a REDIFON Vickers Viscount simulator (well most of it anyway) and intend to interface it via FSX. Will get some photos posted as soon as possible as currently restoring the throttle quadrant,so bare with me:roll:

Rockeyes
04-11-2010, 09:20 AM
Hi

I’m new to the forum myself and at the moment just surfing around learning as much as possible before I start asking some daft questions.

I don’t believe I have come across a Viscount simpit before and will be following your future posts with interest. Have you any more photographs to share?

badbill65
04-11-2010, 09:44 AM
Hi Rockeyes, found some more photos on my mobile phone.Enjoy

badbill65
04-17-2010, 09:49 AM
Just to let you know ive started a blog and posted some photos.

Rockeyes
04-30-2010, 01:26 PM
Just catching up on the forum and was wondering how you are planning to drive your instruments?

Maybe you can post up you thoughts over on the ‘General Builder Questions All Aircraft Types’ section.

badbill65
05-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Hi Rockeyes,sorry no reply's recently as been trying to sus' out a opencockpits card for servos,having a bit of trouble at the moment with getting the computer to recognise it,it seems to be intermittant and changes device number constantly plus trying to get my head round this SIOC and get the servos running with FSUIPC.

Vickers Viscount Net
11-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Hi badbill65. Here at the Vickers Viscount Network we have a membership of people with an interest in the Viscount in over 21 countries. Our membership includes ex Viscount engineers and pilots, and many organisations and museums that have complete Viscounts and/or many spares for the Viscount. We would like to do whatever we can to help you with your project by publising it via our website and newsletter that goes out to many Viscount people around the world. Please contact me via www.vickersviscount.net Best regards Geoff