PDA

View Full Version : How to optimize fsx ??

ibennett
03-26-2010, 01:13 AM
Hi,

Anybody can help me to optimize fsx?

I have a new computer with i5-750 processor, 4Go of memory, EAH 5770 video card, windows 7 clean installed on it all but I still get suttering reely hard !!!!

I defragged my HHD.
I also used fsx optimizer to reduce texture file size.
I also compressed my HHD disk

I purchased today a second HHD and will install it in as RAID 0 to 'double' the HHD speed.

But still How can I optimize FSW Any help, please

THanks,

ibennett
03-26-2010, 01:20 AM
Just a few more details:

When I am in staigh flight the frame rate is good, I have it blocked at 30 and that is what I get, no problem.

My big, very big problem is when I turn , the image is jumpy, suttering a lot, cannot fly in these condition. I think it is due to HHD accees time as I think FSX is loading texture or so for the objects that are comming from the side. When I turn over a forest it is dramatical.

Any idea ?? Any help ?? Any link to a good optimization of FSX.

Is there any full guide to optimization, or better autogen or so.

I have been looking around on the net but cannot find anything usefull (fsx opimizer did not help much)

Thanks,

iwik
03-26-2010, 02:31 AM
Hi,
A good start maybe here.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041&PN=1

les

Swiss1673
04-02-2010, 06:27 AM
Hi,
A good start maybe here.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041&PN=1

les

Yep... this is one of the best manuals on the Web! You can see very easy not to implement a second HD in a conventional RAID 0. Its slower..... My opinion is to go with SSD (fast MLC or SLC Type!) ;-)

ibennett
04-02-2010, 10:16 AM
Hi,

Ha!!!! I just installed a second hard disk and configured my system with RAID 0.

I do not know SSD or the type you were discribing can you explain and/or give me a link to understand what these are.

Can I configure a SSD or so with my two HHD?

Will reread that link you talk about fully (its long)

My config is:
Core i5, 4Go Ram, 500Go x 2 HHD, Windows 7 Pro 32bit, EAH 5770 graphic card.

Thanks,

Thanks,