PDA

View Full Version : Glare Work - EFIS Test Fitting Starting to Look Like Something

Buddym
03-24-2010, 11:45 PM
Please forgive spelling mistakes in this post - I am trying an experiment with one contact lens in and one out.......

Here's a few pics of my EFIS panel during test fit using a scrap panel... I am going to cut real panels next week about Tuesday, Alex and Spiro I'll keep you posted!

spiro
03-25-2010, 01:37 AM
Looking Good Buddym
did you make the panel your self?
we will be waiting for the update
thanks
spiro

No Longer Active
03-25-2010, 05:11 AM
Looking Fantastic....!

Put a few aside, you know who wants one! :)

Lol.....speak soon, Alex

riche543
03-25-2010, 05:23 AM
looks great well done, can i ask where you got the push buttons with the small leds in
Cheers
Riche..

Buddym
03-25-2010, 07:50 AM
Thanks! Yes I made the panel, but it was an incomplete test. My sim is not %100 accurate so the buttons will not have the legends on them like the real ones (or the better replicas, for that matter. Instead I am going to have the legends above each button, like the OpenCockpits MCP does. As a matter of fact, the buttons with the LEDs are the same ones OC uses on the MCP. I got them from Mouser, about $2 each. The backlighting looks 20x better than the picture. I found the switches at Digikey and Mouser as well. I have the CAD/CAM layouts to cut the FCU and both EFIS on one shot so after I make the first set and they look ok I will make several more. After that I will cut the glare wings and should be ready to assemble the glare - finally! I am having paint mixed today to test spraying with a small airbrush. This panel was just sprayed with a can of grey enamel from Ace Hardware. It looks fine to me, but I want to at least make an attempt at accurate colors before I settle for the out-of-the-can grey.

Buddy

twisted8
03-25-2010, 08:55 AM
that looks very nice! did you use a CNC machine?

Buddym
03-25-2010, 09:48 AM
Yes, I have a Fireball V90 CNC machine. Not an industrial-grade machine for sure, but it works great for stuff like this. All of my cad and g-code files will be posted here on this site very soon.

Buddy