PDA

View Full Version : Bits for Cutting Plastic - Again

Buddym
03-21-2010, 11:21 PM
I have been using the spiral up-cut O flute bits from Onsrud to cut my panels and they work very well. I would like to hear from others about the bits theat you use for cutting panels... trying to find a cheaper source of bits. The Onsrud bit I use is about $30 USD. I would like to get something a bit more reasonable.
Thanks,
Buddy

Westozy
03-22-2010, 12:18 AM
Hi Buddy, I buy from "virtual village", I cut out panels with the 3mm spiral end mills, they are 10 for AUD$25.00 = cheap as!!! They take about two weeks to arrive after ordering them.
http://www.virtual-village.com.au/cnc-bits

Cheers Gwyn

spitfire9
03-30-2010, 02:35 AM
I have 1/8" and 1/4 " colletts , so i have tried the Rotobit upward spiral bits. The spindle I use is the Bosch Colt , but it takes any 1/8 or 1/4" bits , and the rotozip bits are quite cheap and seem to work pretty good with plastic or plexi.

Buddym
03-30-2010, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the replies, I am going to try some of the bits from virtual village as soon as they get here. The bits use to this point are from Onsrud and are about $25 USD each. They cut very very well, but break easily, particularly if you drop the CNC on a hold down!

Buddy

robinpaschal
08-28-2010, 10:43 AM
From what I read better things to cut the plastic is a straight, O, O-bit bit flute and flute spiral. Also, that launched a wave of my table. I do not need to cut the center out of a piece of 10 x 12.5 inches from the access and benefit-sharing Black quarter-inch thick. What I can not figure out what it is that bit the flute you to use it.