PDA

View Full Version : Great notes on a short throw 3 projector setup!

Drewsta
03-17-2010, 07:35 AM
Hey guys, I thought I'd reload some really handy notes (with pics) on a 3 projector setup. The notes are by Ian Cameron <---amazing sim builder .....and I'm sure have been posted before. Just incase you missed out, I thought I'd repost them, if the moderators don't mind? Ian has some really good tips and tricks to help with a short throw, 3 screen setup, especially if you are hard up for room. Please remember this is not a full tutorial or anything, just some good advice on how Ian personally achieved his visuals for his particular simulator setup.

Enjoy
Drewsta

fsaviator
04-23-2010, 12:41 PM
Great stuff Drewsta... this is awesome, I hadn't seen it. This will help alot.

I've been getting a lot of questions on my setup, so this will bump the thread back up too for those that missed it the first time.

Warren

fsaviator
05-27-2010, 09:17 AM
Thanks Drewsta...

Bump

choffmann
05-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the link! This is very informative and well-written.

I hope, future flight sim programs (microsoft or whatever) will produce outside visuals like this ;-)

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad223/christophhoffmann/wish.jpg
http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad223/christophhoffmann/wish2.jpg

Freaky Flyer
05-31-2010, 05:11 AM
Thanks, Drewsta, for the invaluable insight and the attached doc with pictures. I was sitting on the fence as to whether I should buy a second video card (9800GTX) or a Triplehead2Go. Due to space issues, I will be using three Acer 22" monitors for external view, and a 15" monitor for the flight instruments. The rest I'm building.
Cheers, and good luck with your set-up!
Raphael

spitfire9
06-05-2010, 04:25 PM
Very good read !
In one section he mentions having a toggle switch in the cockpit,, to switch between the Capt. optimal set up and a set up that is optimized for the Co-pilot.

I was wondering how to achieve that?? Has anyone done this?
Thanks.