PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Getting My FSBUS NG I/O Going Again..

JBRoberts
03-15-2010, 08:24 PM
Hi All:

I am new to the forum and have started to rebuild my sim again. Around 2006 I bought a FSBUS NG Com and I/O card (only swicthes on it) from a fella in Holland...I think it was Jan but I can't remember.

Well, I tried to hook up my FSClassic Key Card and NG Card (which had been working fin about 2 years ago) and I think I did something the to NG card as I don't get any switch activity. My Classic FSKey works fine on the NG FSCOM.

I have download FSBUS CDK and tried to set the CID to 2 but still I get nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas how I could re-program the chip and how do I do this ? I looked on the FSBUS site and its says use a PonyProg program but I searched the Internat and it doesn't seem to allow me to download this.

I have a ttached a picture of the NG I/O card and you can see it does not have a 2 pin jumper just 6 pin program cable.

Many thanks for anyone's help as I would really like to get this going...JB

Jan737
03-16-2010, 02:58 AM
HI JB,

I think it's fsbus related.
In the setup of the fsbus software is an option to set to Classic or NG.
Try that and see what's happening.

Best regards
Jan Geurtsen

JBRoberts
03-16-2010, 01:32 PM
Thanks Jan:

I am using FSBUs 2.4.1 and have set the Setup to Classic and NG. I went into the Ket test area and set to CID2. As I pressed keys I did not get any change i.e. 1 to 0 etc.

When i connect up my FSKey Classic to same test page all is well and the test keys change.

My NG key card acts like it isn't programmed or something. Any more ideas for me to get her running again ?

many thanks...JB

Jan737
03-16-2010, 02:04 PM
Thanks Jan:

I am using FSBUs 2.4.1 and have set the Setup to Classic and NG. I went into the Ket test area and set to CID2. As I pressed keys I did not get any change i.e. 1 to 0 etc.

When i connect up my FSKey Classic to same test page all is well and the test keys change.

My NG key card acts like it isn't programmed or something. Any more ideas for me to get her running again ?

many thanks...JB

Try to flash the CID again or use ponyprog to re-flash the microcontroller.

See this link to download ponyprog:

http://www.lancos.com/ppwin95.html

Jan

Jan737
03-16-2010, 02:09 PM
BTW the board on the picture is the classic fsbus key card

JBRoberts
03-16-2010, 03:46 PM
Thanks Jan:

Oh dear ...see how much I know ? I thought I had an NG card because it was newer looking than my old classic card !!

To Flash the microcontroller do I flash like I always do with Classic cards i.e. set the 4 pin jumper on the card to the P position (you can see it on the picture) and flash through FSBUS ? What do I need to set on the FSCOM to Flash ?

Would I need to use the PonyProg program if it flashes OK ?

Many thanks...JB

yoss
03-16-2010, 05:23 PM
Jan , now i am confused

Are you talking about Ng FSCOM or Classic?

Cant help you with NG as i dont have that, but with the the Classic you flashing PICs on all remaining boards with your old generation fscom and no need for the Pony programmer
Keep your 9 pin cabel connected to the com port of your pc short as possible and set the jumper correct

Some info on the Fscom, and modules ,needed to be flashed jumpers settings , you can still find here
http://www.mikkila.org/fsbus/doc/layout_e.php

Hopefully thats helps

Regard
Joseph

Jan737
03-16-2010, 05:23 PM
Hi JB

No, you need a 6 pin cable to flash the microcontroller on the NG board together with Ponyprog and the FSCOM board
You will find a discription in the documentation of the IO board, see the manual on the fsbus webpage .
Finaly you can set the CID with the 10 pin cable.

Jan737
03-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Jan , now i am confused

Are you talking about Ng FSCOM or Classic?

Cant help you with NG as i dont have that, but with the the Classic you flashing PICs on all remaining boards with your old generation fscom and no need for the Pony programmer
Keep your 9 pin cabel connected to the com port of your pc short as possible and set the jumper correct

Some info on the Fscom, and modules ,needed to be flashed jumpers settings , you can still find here
http://www.mikkila.org/fsbus/doc/layout_e.php

Hopefully thats helps

Regard
Joseph

Joseph,

The one on Mikkala web page is the old one.
You can't flash the NG boards with it

JBRoberts
03-18-2010, 01:15 PM
Thanks to everyone for your help...I will try tonight to see if I can get the board running again...many thanks...JB

JBRoberts
03-20-2010, 07:14 PM
Folks....I have some GOOD news and then BAD news....first the GOOD news...

I managed to get my FSKey Classic III up and running thanks to all your help...

Now the BAD news....I think I cooked the FSCOM III as I accidently hooked up 12V from PC to it instead of the 5V !! The two PIC's were hot and I can get nothing to work now !!!

Can I rescue the FSCOM Classic III ? If I replace the 2 PIC's and re-program would that do it or have I damaged other components on the FSCOM board ?

Any advice would be very appreciated ?

Thanks...JB

Jan737
03-21-2010, 05:18 AM
Folks....I have some GOOD news and then BAD news....first the GOOD news...

I managed to get my FSKey Classic III up and running thanks to all your help...

Now the BAD news....I think I cooked the FSCOM III as I accidently hooked up 12V from PC to it instead of the 5V !! The two PIC's were hot and I can get nothing to work now !!!

Can I rescue the FSCOM Classic III ? If I replace the 2 PIC's and re-program would that do it or have I damaged other components on the FSCOM board ?

Any advice would be very appreciated ?

Thanks...JB

HI JB

Just for sure, the you mean the NE555 and the MAX232 ?

If yes you can replace them, no programming needed because they are ordinairy ICīs.

Jan

JBRoberts
03-21-2010, 09:25 AM
Hi Jan...

There are 2 PIC's on the FSCOM...one is the MAX232 but the other has the following written on top:

4312FFK
SN74HC04N

Do you think this 4312 will need special programming ?

Also, do you think I could have damaged any other parts on the FSCOM with the 12 V ?

Many thanks...JB

Jan737
03-21-2010, 10:18 AM
Hi Jan...

There are 2 PIC's on the FSCOM...one is the MAX232 but the other has the following written on top:

4312FFK
SN74HC04N

Do you think this 4312 will need special programming ?

Also, do you think I could have damaged any other parts on the FSCOM with the 12 V ?

Many thanks...JB

JB

Then you have the FSCOM NG !!!
You must give me (us) the correct info if you want help, it's all in the manuals.
The 74HC04N is just an ordonairy IC, will cost you a few $ cents.
No programming needed.

And yes, there can be more damage, i.e. the transistor BC558, change that as well.

Jan

iwik
03-21-2010, 01:38 PM
hi,
D1 if used will also have to be replaced.I dont use Fsbus now but did what you did.Fscom was fixable.Also be prepared to replace other chips on other boards if they were plugged in at the time.If i remember rightly
the 8535 suffered some damage on the Analogue inputs and had to replace it.
Les