PDA

View Full Version : optimal set-up for 5 external views

jrphcien
03-13-2010, 09:39 AM
Hello,

I presently use a 6 computers network to run fs 2004
Using 3 computers to obtain 5 external views (with Wideview) and the 3 others to run programms such as project magenta, Itra software end maxivista
I like using 5 external view since it give me a 180 degre wich is very immersive and help me pratice a lot since i am a private pilot flying a pa32r-300 and a pa28-140.
the views are: front, 45 degre left and right, 90 degre left and right (undock view (virtual cockpit) allows me to get a very similar view than the real airplane.
The problem with wideview are: traffic and meteo synchro and scenery have to be download on each computer.

Considering the new technology and Matrox TH2G , can we run 5 external views with one computer and still having decent FPS ?

Thank you in advance

Jean-Louis Auger:D

johnwayne
03-14-2010, 01:31 AM
My understanding is that you can get 140 degrees using a TH2g0 fed from a single view in MSFS , anything over 140 degrees and you are starting to create distortion because you are stretching the image, This is at least what I am told. Im currently studying this area and people have told me not to use wideview because clouds etc dont synch perfectly across the different screens ?

den19
03-14-2010, 03:57 PM
I used to use Wideview but found it to be a bit of PITA to constantly have to update multiple pcs, plus there was always the weather sync problem. I moved to TH2G 2 or 3 years ago for the main view and track IR for the sideways glances on approaches. I've never regretted the change.

Den