PDA

View Full Version : Hardware for online flying

Captain Calamity
03-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Stage one of my 737NG cockpit is almost done, and I have a flyable sim

Stage two will get me flying online, but I am not sure what hardware to buy. Options:

1) Go-Flight ICCS. Pros: easy to get the mode selector programmed through FSUIPC
Cons: least authentic, not backlit

2) CPFlight COM and ATC modules: Pros: backlit, easy interface with my CPFlight MCP
Cons: orange digits (not white like the MCP)

3. OpenCockpits COM and ATCmodules. Pros: backlit, white digits

I have a couple of questions:
Does the mode selector switch on the CPFlight and OpenCockpits ATC modules control the
transponder mode in IVAP and Squawkbox?
How is the backlight controlled in the OpenCockpits modules?

Thanks

CC

caKus
03-13-2010, 04:33 AM
Hi Captain,

1) I own a GF ICCS and I am very disapointed with it. I use it with Win 7 and when I start my system, generally one or two of the seven modules that compose the ICCS cannot be initialized. I have to unplug and plug again the USB until it accepts to work. I suspect a software problem (time out ?) during USB initialisation phase. Other people in this forum seem to have problem with the last version of GF software.

2) There is an FSUIPC Offset that is use by Ivap (and Squawkbox) to switch the transponder mode between Standby and Charlie. There is another offsfet for squawk ident. So it is easy to inferface Ivap with MSFS (using a script SIOC for exemple). See Ivap sofware site for more information http://www.ivao.aero/softdev/IvAp/fsuipc_sdk.asp

Patrick.