PDA

View Full Version : Interface switches that don't work

docmeister
03-10-2010, 07:40 AM
Hi all

I have just pulled apart an old joystick so I could use it for a switch panel and I now have 12 switches that I can use in FSX. The trouble I am having now is that they (well...most) dont work on add-on aircraft. I am using FSUICP and when I program, say, "toggle Yaw Dampener" I flick the switch and nothing happens. However if I program the same switch for "Anti-Ice" hey presto it works !?!?!?!?

I could understand if I was trying to program a three way switch onto a two way switch but that is not what I am doing. Now I have all these switches all wired up and nowhere to use them (unless it's a FSX default aircraft).

Any suggestions ?? :???:

Cheers

Chris

Holclo
03-10-2010, 09:39 AM
You need a registered version of FSUIPC and then use the mouse macro function to assign switches.I can only speak for the PMDG 737- mouse macro works extremely well with that add on aircraft.
Bill

docmeister
03-11-2010, 06:55 AM
Bill

First off....A big thankyou!!

I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why I couldn't allocate these switches to tasks. I have a registered version of FSUIPC but didn't know I could use the macro function on switches. With your advise and after a little time working it out I now have a switch panel that I can use, now I want to build it bigger using rocker and rotary switches (the next big step). There is so much stuff I now want to do I almost get lost on what to do next :)

Again thanks

Chris

Holclo
03-11-2010, 07:20 AM
Hi Chris,
You are embarking on a big adventure but on this site are many knowledgeable guys that will be very pleased to help you. Next bit of advice from me is - visit "Ian Sissons" site and you will be amazed at the info there.( www.737ng.co.uk)
Good luck
Bill