PDA

View Full Version : Center monitor size

Westozy
03-08-2010, 12:57 AM
Hi all, time for me to ask a question!
I am in the process of converting to a true scale B737 MIP for my sim. I have two 19" widscreens for the outer displays and I want to know if anyone can recommend a monitor to display the EICAS/Stby and flaps gauge. Space for the centre monitor is tight as we all know and I'll probably need a monitor that can have the display rotated 90 degrees. Can anyone recommend a suitable monitor?

Cheers, Gwyn

Melnato
03-08-2010, 07:47 AM
Gwyn,

I Used a standard 4:3 15" LCD for my Upper EICAS,
But I have interfaced the Autobrake Panel and a FI flaps gauge.

Im just guessing...a 17" in portrate?

Nat

Sean Nixon
03-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Hi Gwyn

I've just run the tape measure over my Engravity centre panel. They are true scale.

The maximum width this monitor can be is 330mm, otherwise it interfere's with the Captains ND on one side and the landing gear lever on the other. However, you'll need 300mm of screen to display from the LHS of the standbys to the RHS of the EICAS screen.

Vertically, you'll need 270mm of screen from the bottom of the EICAS/standbys to the top of the flaps guage (330mm to the top of the yaw damper). The outer dimensions vertically are less important as the screen can be lowered below/behind the FMC's, but if you don't want to do this, it's 420mm from the bottom of the EICAS to the glareshield.

My 17" monitor is too small, so I guess a 19" non-widescreen???

Hope that makes sense.

Sean

Kennair
03-09-2010, 05:22 AM
Hey Gwyn, you might like to read this post over at FDS forum about this same topic. http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3884. It might help with your decision.

Ken.

EDIT: And here's a quote from PC on monitor sizing.

"SOunds like you are trying to use a 4:3 aspect ratio LCD vs a 19" Wide.
Needs to be a wide.
Acer carries several and all affordable/reliable.
the Center EICAS will use a 15" 4:3 aspect ration LCD.
PC"