PDA

View Full Version : .PAR to DXF

Jake 747 400
03-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Hey guys, I have solid edge file thats in .PAR format and I want to open it in autodesk inventor or autocad is there a way to convert it to dxf format etc, I have searched the internet for a converter and i have found nothing,
Thanks.
Jake :)

TobiBS
03-05-2010, 08:39 AM
Hey guys, I have solid edge file thats in .PAR format and I want to open it in autodesk inventor or autocad is there a way to convert it to dxf format etc, I have searched the internet for a converter and i have found nothing,
Thanks.
Jake :)
Do you have SolidEdge at your hand? Because then you can save it in step, iges or similar multiplatform formats.

If not, tell me what formats you can import (STEP should work, I think), then I maybe can help you to convert the data.

Jake 747 400
03-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Thankyou for replying,
Sorry but I do not have solid edge, I have autodesk inventor, that will read .ipt files they are inventors version of a part file, I think inventor will read dxf also but im not cirtain. Im unsure about STEP as I have never heard of it before sorry.
Thanks, Jake

cscotthendry
03-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Jake:

You'll also need to investigate what version Solid Edge file it is as they are not forward compatible. That is Solid Edge V19 cannot open V20 files etc.