PDA

View Full Version : Howdy Everyone

gpawood
03-04-2010, 02:49 AM
Howdy to one and all,

I'm a 60 year young flight simmer (an Okie actually) living and working in Japan and, although not new to flight simulators, I am definitely new to cockpit building. I'm really looking forward to working with and learning from the wonderful people that visit this site.

I've been reading a lot about simpits and what folks have to say on this forum. Seems to be a lot of folks with a whole lot of talent and most importantly, enthusiasm for flight simulators. I think it's time for me to build a small simpit in my apartment and learn how build a more functional (and fun) flight simulator.

Over the years I've managed to keep my desktop simulator up and running (and growing) while flying with VA AeroTexas Aviation, www.aerotexas.com . My plans are to build a single seat (no room for a cp right now) 737NG while learning how to interface FS9 with more input devices (switches/buttons/pots) and eventually get rid of the mouse and keyboard, or at least as much as possible. I know I have a lot to learn and a long way to go, but heck, it's all about having fun and living life to the fullest.

I look forward to meeting and learning, and maybe even sharing what little I know, with this great group of folks.

I love this hobby !!

tommie c

fsaviator
03-04-2010, 03:26 AM
Welcome! You've come to the right place.

Warren