PDA

View Full Version : Level D 767 pit or OTHER?? Read and see what I mean.

shearder
02-20-2010, 03:16 PM
Hey all

I was mowing the lawn today and I LOVE that time because it takes me 6+ hours and gives me time to think LOL

I was thinking about my logics and instruments. Consider - i have just purchased the 5870 and have Eyefinity running. Now I am also busy with home reservations etc etc etc... So i was wondering how to reduce my costs on the pit but still have full functionality.

I have the wood to build the cockpit and I have built most of my FSBUS electroncs. I have a full registered FSUIPC and run FSX.

SO the thoughts were:
Do i stay 737 and then need something like Sim Avionics or do i go Level D and get all logics and add some instruments using maual panel edits? Is it possible to get all functionality in a simpit with Level D or do i necessaritly have to get an avionics suite with logics??

Can FSBUS run with Level D? Will i have full logics??

I have 3 PCs and a spare at my disposal.

Any ideas? I won't necessarily change my plans but I am toying with it before i go to far - i have been busy with this planning and some building for the last 18+ months!

So the big question is CAN i build a FULL cockpit with Level D? WHat are the pros and cons??

Thanks.

Sean

capetonian
02-20-2010, 07:05 PM
Geeze Dude, ... you can't desert the 737 like that now :)
Well both aeries will need glass cockpits. and as far as the logics are concerned, . well, take a look at THIS THREAD (http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?18345-Need-testers-for-737-systems-simulator-software).

I am using the logic from above link with the shell of the PMDG 737, in other words, PMDG for the eye candy and the rest is third party or default :)

PS: I sent you a pm before I saw this thread.

shearder
02-21-2010, 03:09 AM
Hey there Cape,

Yeah i have seen that. In fact i have been in contact with marty for a while now. He has tried to get something working with FSBUS but he does not have working hardware to test with so hasn't persued it and that i can well understand :)

Yeah they both need a glass cockpit LOL i was thinking using VasFMC or something cheap. It is primarily 737 with a slight generic twist in terms of the throttles and "yoke" as i spent R3000 on a TM HOTAS Cougar before deciding on the cockpit build then i built a simple engin, light and MCP panel and then the bug bit BIG time!!!!!!! SO i will use the same throttle (for now possibly) and leave the door open to airbus and helos :) though asthetics will resemble 737NG primarily. But sometimes function is more important than looks (in SOME areas) - OH HAS to be as close to real as possible hahaha cos THAT is the most impressive panel(s).

Thanks for the PM bud :) I think I will stay with the 737 :)