PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of mouse flickers and cockpits!! problem!!

shearder
02-15-2010, 07:07 AM
Hi All

I have had great success with a multi monitor setup, however, when i change views from 3D to 2D and back I get mouse flickers like something is continually processing in the background. Any ideas how to fix this??

ALSO, once my cockpit is built I want to remove the cockpit all together i I tried going to 2D and then removing the cockpit panel BUT again i get mouse flickers and I can't make the 2D (without panel) fill the 3 screens.

Any assistance will help. :)

I guess once my pit is complete i could edit out the panel file but till then - any ideas?

Thanks.

Sean

shearder
02-27-2010, 01:15 AM
Ok i found a fix if anyone is interested :)

These are the steps to take to fix the issue with the 2D main panel window not showing up on triple-wide resolutions, which causes extreme performance drops and the windows 'wait' cursor to remain active.

1) Open the Panel folder for the aircraft you wish to fix.

2) Make a backup copy of your panel.cfg file, in case anything goes wrong.

3) Open the Panel.cfg file in notepad.

4) Scroll down to the [window00] section. (This is *usually* the main panel window.)

5) Change the line:

window_size= 1.000, 0.874

to:

window_size= 0.333, 0.874

6) Comment out the following line:

window_pos= 0.000, 0.120

When commented out, the line should look like this:

// window_pos= 0.000, 0.120

7) Save the file.

If you DON'T find window_size= x.xxx, x.xxx in your cgf file then add it.

:)

vyper883
01-10-2011, 02:15 AM
Excellent work!
I've been looking for the solution to the 2D cockpit problem mouse/hourglass flicker with a TH2GO, for three years now! Will this resize all 2d panels? For instance, when I bring up the GPS(or any other 2D panel) it is streched to far horizontally- Not a big issue as you can drag and resize. Still though a little annoying. Many thanks, I'm going to try it when I get home tonight :)

shearder
01-10-2011, 02:20 AM
Excellent work!
I've been looking for the solution to the 2D cockpit problem mouse/hourglass flicker with a TH2GO, for three years now! Will this resize all 2d panels? For instance, when I bring up the GPS(or any other 2D panel) it is streched to far horizontally- Not a big issue as you can drag and resize. Still though a little annoying. Many thanks, I'm going to try it when I get home tonight :)

Hey vyper, this will typically work for the "panel" width which is actually what causes the issue i found. Give it a shot though.

vyper883
01-10-2011, 08:55 AM
Wait a minute....
Is this fix for FS9? FSX panel cfg window entries are a bit different. Instead of window_size, it just says "size". Here is the whole entry under window 00:

[Window00]
file_1024=747_Background_1024.bmp
size_mm=640
position=7
visible=1
ident=MAIN_PANEL

Now, I tried the same trick- I divided 640 by 3 and came up with 213.3333. I just rounded it off and inserted 213, and then commented out position=7. Guess what? No go. There must be another way for FSX.

shearder
01-10-2011, 09:00 AM
Wait a minute....
Is this fix for FS9? FSX panel cfg window entries are a bit different. Instead of window_size, it just says "size". Here is the whole entry under window 00:

[Window00]
file_1024=747_Background_1024.bmp
size_mm=640
position=7
visible=1
ident=MAIN_PANEL

Now, I tried the same trick- I divided 640 by 3 and came up with 213.3333. I just rounded it off and inserted 213, and then commented out position=7. Guess what? No go. There must be another way for FSX.

put in the "window_size= 0.333, 0.874" line. It may not be there on some planes and it may on others but just add it in. play with the last number as you see fit. I am using 3 monitors. If you have 2 perhaps change the first entry from 0.333 to 0.50 if you have the issue with 2 monitors so basically 0.333 of the panel will fit on each screen :) if that makes sense

vyper883
01-10-2011, 11:48 AM
Yes I have three monitors. Does it matter where I insert this line in the window 00 section? I'll give it a try tomorrow, as I'm done simming for the day. Just to confirm though, this is for fsx right? Cheers.

shearder
01-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Yes I have three monitors. Does it matter where I insert this line in the window 00 section? I'll give it a try tomorrow, as I'm done simming for the day. Just to confirm though, this is for fsx right? Cheers.
No - it doesn't matter where you place the line

vyper883
01-10-2011, 01:46 PM
Ok thanks. I'll try it later on after work. Cheers :)

vyper883
01-11-2011, 08:04 AM
Hmm...ok...

It works.....partially. With this cfg edit, the 2D panel appears normally in the center monitor, but the mouse pointer still flickers to hourglass. The two outer monitors still have the bottom half of the screen blacked out. The aircraft I tested with is the default FSX 747. Maybe other aircraft yield better results? What birds have you tested on?

shearder
01-11-2011, 11:24 AM
737 and 747 primarily

WILLDREX
06-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Thanks a lot for this info on the mouse flicker. It took me a long time to complete because I have a lot of aircraft in my fleet. You have to put window_size= into all panel options. ie-overhead, GPS, to get them to open in the size you want them to open. Now they all work fine, but I still have a problem. I can use any flight plain or make a new one, but if I go to the Mission page and try to fly a mission it opens with the same mouse and hourglass flicker. I can't find were to make the fix in missions. Can anyone help? Thanks willdrex.