PDA

View Full Version : HELP HELP HELP - SIOC problem with USB Outputs

capetonian
02-14-2010, 04:02 PM
Hi Guys,

I have a problem that is really bugging me now.

I have two Master card connected to a USB expansion card and one USBOutputs card. i have listed the cards in my SIOC script as:

MASTER=0,4,2,8
MASTER=1,6,1,10

Obviously the latter is the USBOutputs card. Now I noticed that the example in the USB cards manual differs to that on Nico's page.
So I have tried both of them:

// annunciators
Var 0500, NAME LP_CL, Link IOCARD_OUT, Output 40, Device 10
Var 0501, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 10, Output 38

Now if I look in the IOCP console I can see the values being cycled:

21=0 - Fuel Right Fwd On
22=0 - Fuel Right Aft On
20=0 - Fuel Left Fwd On
19=0 - Fuel Left Aft On
23=0 - Fuel Center Fwd On
501=0 - V0501
18=0 - Fuel Center Aft On
500=0 - V0500
23=1 - Fuel Center Fwd On
18=1 - Fuel Center Aft On
501=1 - V0501
500=1 - V0500
22=1 - Fuel Right Aft On
21=1 - Fuel Right Fwd On
20=1 - Fuel Left Fwd On
19=1 - Fuel Left Aft On

But that's where the problem lies .... no annunciators light up. Now I do know that the USB card is wired correctly becausewith the Opencockpits USBOutputs program I can cycle all the LED's on and off (I only have 20-ood connected at the moment, but I can cycle them all or individually.

Thus, I assume that the problem is in the communication between SIOC and the card. But I don't know what to try now.

Any ideas and tips would be really welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

capetonian
02-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Ha! FIXED.

Well, I fixed the bit about the lights not going on, I was in the above example referring to the physical device when I should have been referring to the SIOC device number, I changed the 10 to 1 and new the LEDS light up ... but ... now I seem to have another problem. the leds are flashing, on and off, and this is when they are turned on, it's like a , anybody have an idea what might be causing this?

capetonian
02-14-2010, 08:04 PM
... and I think I have soplved the 'flashing' problem too, I think it has to do with the power supply that I have been using to test with. I will test tomorrow with a PC power supply supplying 12v and 5v to the overhead. Hopefully the problem will then be solved too.

Schraddel
04-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Ha! FIXED.
I changed the 10 to 1 and new the LEDS light up ...

Hi Andrew,
think I have the same problem here. So do I nderstand right.you change the device-number from 10 to 1 ? I don't understand that logic. How can find SIOC your card when you change the device to a not presented device. 10 is given from the PC.
Mine is 21 shall I change it to 2 :)
Greetings, Kai

capetonian
04-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Hi Andrew,
think I have the same problem here. So do I nderstand right.you change the device-number from 10 to 1 ? I don't understand that logic. How can find SIOC your card when you change the device to a not presented device. 10 is given from the PC.
Mine is 21 shall I change it to 2 :)
Greetings, Kai

Hi there,

When you refer to a device number in your SIOC ini it is not the physical USB device but the device in SIOC.

In my example that it might not be that clear, .. let me explain in detail:

In my SIOC.ini I have the following:

MASTER=0,4,2,8 8 is the USB device Number
MASTER=1,6,1,10 10 is the USB device number

Now in that above example we are also telling SIOC that we have two devices, look only at the first digit of each entry:

MASTER=0 0 is the SIOC device ID
MASTER=1 1 is the SIOC device ID

Now I made my initial mistake by having entries like this:

Var 0500, NAME LP_CL, Link IOCARD_OUT, Output 40, Device 10

That's where I was making a mistake, SIOC was looking for a device with an ID of 10 in the ini file when it should have been talking to the device with the ID of 1

So when I changed it to the line below, it worked:

Var 0500, NAME LP_CL, Link IOCARD_OUT, Output 40, Device 1

I hope that clears it up a bit :)

Buddym
04-02-2010, 01:05 PM
Thanks for all the good data, little chunks like this help those of us starting to move from IOCards software to SIOC.

Buddy

Schraddel
04-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Not quite shure if I understand it really..but I will give it a try. Seein is believing :p
I connected the mastercard yesterday for the first time. I configured my OC MCP and EFIS first. And they have the device # 19 and 23 and this devices I put in the sioc code and it works well.
To change now the device # of the mastercard from 21 to 2 confuses me. But as I said..lets give it a try.
Thanks for help.

Greetings, Kai

capetonian
04-02-2010, 01:22 PM
Not quite shure if I understand it really..but I will give it a try. Seein is believing :p
I connected the mastercard yesterday for the first time. I configured my OC MCP and EFIS first. And they have the device # 19 and 23 and this devices I put in the sioc code and it works well.
To change now the device # of the mastercard from 21 to 2 confuses me. But as I said..lets give it a try.
Thanks for help.

Greetings, Kai

Hi there,

Before you change anything.... take note that I am using an example of a situation in which a USB Outputs card was not working. The MCP and EFIS scripts are fare more advanced than that.
But that said... in your SIOC.ini you will have to list your cards, and later reference the cards by the correct device ID.

Schraddel
04-02-2010, 02:02 PM
GOT IT.
It was a little tricky but finally I found out the mistake.
My sioc.ini is:
Master=0,4,1,21 // Mastercard through Expansion card
Master=1,5,1,1 // OC MCP
Master=2,7,1,3 // OC EFIS
I first linked the sioc-code to device 21 , output 11 (for example)
But after I change it to device "0" (resp. blank) everything works well now.

Thanks for help again. now I can go on with the next step of my cockpit-adventure :D
Cheers, Kai