PDA

View Full Version : Manchester - Funchal Video

ChrisKLAS
02-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Hi all,

It's been awhile since I posted (still just can't get used to the new VB4 layout, and find myself visiting less and less, but that's for another time).

Here's the latest video of my 737NG project, on a quick charter hop from Manchester down to Madeira, including the famous visual approach to runway 05.

Hope you enjoy!

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q7OelDYBS5Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q7OelDYBS5Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Geremy Britton
02-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Absolutely fantastic Chris! Words can't desribe. Has to be one of the best B737 sims i've seen yet. The visuals as i've seen from you before are just tremendous. I love it! The someday is my ultimate goal.
One thing which i should mention which might be an interesting project. Is there a way to smooth out the AI traffic on the ground at the beginning. I have the same problem too as will almost everyone. The movement of AI traffic on the ground - especially on corner is very 'jerky' and it doesn't look right. I wonder if someone could develop a patch/update or edit so the aircraft move more smoothly. This isn't an fps thing i don't think it's just how the AI are programmed to follow the ground.

Thanks for you post - Please keep posting. Pictures are great but to provide us a video for such an excellent approch too is a above and beyond.

Cheers! :) :)

Matt Olieman
02-12-2010, 02:10 PM
Love the video Chris, nice landing :) :) :)

Thanks for sharing :)

JWS
02-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Nice piece of flying Chris.

JWS

blueskydriver
02-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Hi Chris, how about taking some photos of your sim from the outside and posting them. I'd like too see your screens, projectors, shell, and sim room area. Seeing the sims from the cockpit view, as shown in the video is great, but it would be nice to see the outside as well...

John

choffmann
02-13-2010, 10:32 AM
Excellent video, Chris, thanks a lot.
A well handled manual approach. Try with less visibility and nasty crosswinds, as they often occur at Funchal.
What aircraft model do you use (PMDG, Ariane, default, Posky...?) I also noticed some great sounds, e.g. the take-off roll and the gear-up noise. Are they PM or PMDG or something else?

Cheers
Chris H.