PDA

View Full Version : Airbus A320/A340 motorised throtle quadrant

Bartlomiej
02-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Ok
So I want to start my cockpit from building my motorised throttle quadrant.

Because I was to make it a bit universal,it will have 4 trust levers , 4 reverse naturally,Flaps,Spoilers ,and well every thing what it should have;).

Ok and here is the tricky part Trust lever will have a potentiometer,but in order to move it by AT it has to have servo as well.
And since servo has a potentiometer in it anyway I was thinking of using that potentiometer instead of adding an extra one.
But i'm not sure id that would work(I mean if I can use a potentiometer that is in the servo while servo it servo it self is disconnected )

Also i would want to make a trim wheel ,but i'm not sure what should I use.

Whether it should be servo or DC motor.

As for interfacing I will use open cockpit boards.

Matt Olieman
02-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Airbus throttles don't move when in AT. Airbus throttles have stationary detents. No motors required for the thrust levers. :)

Bartlomiej
02-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Ohhh is it.
And what about the autopilot,do they stay stationary then as well.
I mean i know that levers have like a fixed positions but still they have to move,in order to indicate the ammount of trust that is needed at the momment.

Unless they behave different in autothrottle and autopilot mode

Matt Olieman
02-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Totally electronic, no cables. You can pull a Airbus throttle out of a real cockpit and it wouldn't take much to connect it the MSFS.

Bartlomiej
02-12-2010, 04:53 AM
I've check the flight sim and you are right,the levers saty stationary,they just have to be moved in right position in order for autopilot to work.
But you can move them at any time,turning off the AP.

Ok and what about the trim wheel,I didn't see it's moving a lot,not like in Boeing at least where the trim wheel moves like crazy.

Matt Olieman
02-12-2010, 05:58 AM
You're right about the Trim Wheel, that's the only thing that moves. If you want to ad realism to your cockpit (depending on how in depth you want to go), you'll have to get/make a servo for that. In the real cockpit, using the trim wheel is very rare. Reason why is, the Airbus has auto trim.

When I flew the Level D A320, I never noticed the trim wheel. No clanking sounds like the Boeing. :)

TobiBS
02-12-2010, 09:35 AM
In the real cockpit, using the trim wheel is very rare.
But you use it at least once a flight to set the takeoff trim correctly and check in on the scale beside it!

Matt Olieman
02-12-2010, 10:00 AM
But you use it at least once a flight to set the takeoff trim correctly and check in on the scale beside it!

Correct.... :)

flatlandpilot
02-12-2010, 05:44 PM
is there a "click" at the zero, clk, flx/mct position ?
when there is, do you need much force to get it out of those positions ?

2 months ago I had a flight from Geneva to Amsterdam in a A320,
I was alowed to have a look, but entering the cockpit was a bridge too far for them ;)

kermit
02-12-2010, 06:23 PM
just like riding a dead horse, you don`t have to do anything:)
greetz

Bartlomiej
02-15-2010, 05:38 AM
OK i think i'm getting the idea.
Just few more thinks.
1 As for the trim wheel is it allow to do just one turn 360 or can it do multiple 360?
2 Splilers and flaps ,are they always controlled manually or can aoutopilot control them(set them)at some stage like landing when you reverse for example?
3 And can reverse be turn on aotomaticly?

Atomic_Sheep
07-25-2010, 01:35 PM
is there a "click" at the zero, clk, flx/mct position ?
when there is, do you need much force to get it out of those positions ?

Yer, there are clicks at CL, 0, not sure what FLX/MCT is, but basically there are no clicks in the manual range and in order to get the throttle into the other ranges there ar clicks. It's pretty tough to get it out... like not impossible... but it certainly not just a tiny notch either. The best way to describe it is... when you approach the "clickable' areas, the controls move into them... feels like a magnet is pulling them into that setting until you get a very satisfying CLICK. To get them out, it's like trying to go against those magnets... if that makes sense. It's not strenuous... don't get me wrong... its satisfyingand unmistakable.

Ehsan.akbarpour
12-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Correct.... :)

Hi Dear Matt
I would like to know if any body can make a compelet A340 cockpit ?I would like to buy one for my airlines training center i am in charge of training center and i want one that be as real as possible ?
I am new in this site and dont know member very well if you know somebody please let me know ?

Thanks alot
Best regards ,
Ehsan

pdpo
12-06-2011, 05:45 AM
Hi ehsan,

for this I would check out the site of www.flightdecksolutions.com
they can deliver full cockpits .. dont know if A340 is in their product portfolio yet.

Greetings Peter