PDA

View Full Version : 737 cockpit

Clive
02-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Thought it was about time I introduced myself! I joined mycockpit forum when Ian Sissons directed me here at a time when I had some Go Flight modules to sell. I bit the bullet mid December and decided to build a full size 737 cockpit. I had already built a desktop MIP and avionics console so I did have a head start. Anyway Ian Sissons has kept me on the strait and narrow and introduced me to Sean Nixon who you may know from this site. Sean lives near by and has given me invaluable support particulaly in getting my Duel Head to Go opperational. My best friend Chris Bradley has been working with me from the start he is an excellent DIY all rounder and is a great help in the construction work, he's also an aviation enthusiast and enjoys flying the Iris Vulcan!
Progress has been rapid considering we had 3 weeks off at Christmas! I have posted the latest pic but we have come quite a long way since then. I will have more pics to follow soon.

PS just finished making some trim wheels and a couple of half moon plates that when added to the 737 Throttletek throttle unit
totally look the business!

Clive ****inson

Matt Olieman
02-10-2010, 06:27 PM
Clive, welcome aboard. Looks like you are well on your way to a good looking cockpit and you're under the guidance of an excellent builder :) :) :)

Clive
02-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the welcome Matt I am sure I will find the community a great help as my cockpit progresses.

steveeverson
02-10-2010, 06:59 PM
welcome Clive,
Great pic and amazing progress for such a short time!
Steve

Steve A
02-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Great looking sim Clive, I actually saw it a while back on GLB site and your pedestal kinda inspired me to rebuild mine, im now sat waiting for about 8 various radios and panels to arrive which i won from ebay. Welcome and i look forward to following your build especially your dualhead set up as i have the same with 2 beamers and i havent figured out the best screen set up just yet. I think having Sean on board with you should be pretty cool going off his achievements with 15 quid and some bed sheets.

ian@737ng.co.uk
02-11-2010, 12:38 PM
clive, welcome.........
nice to see you here. great bunch and we can generally answer any Q's you have, because somebody has been there before you.
glad you and sean are swapping ideas. having a build buddy makes life soooooo much easier.
and of course any more help i can be, always a pleasure.....
good luck, soldier on and keep us updated.
regards from wales .... ian

Geremy Britton
02-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Hi Clive,

Welcome, excellent to have you posting a welcome message. :) As you will already know the hub of information is excellent here, and i think Ian's 'sign up' rate for getting people into simbuilding is untarnished to this day he has such a strong effect after seeing a fantastic setup. (I apologise Ian i'm being nice to you here)

Anyway great to read your intro Clive. :)

Neil Hewitt
02-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Hi Clive.

Nice work on the enclosure! I'm just in the process of convincing myself to change my own project goals from a console + pedestal to a full enclosure, so it's always cool to see what others have managed. Since it'll involve a fairly significant piece of moving-stuff-around-the-house to make enough space to do that, I need all the encouragement I can get :-)

Lots of fellow Brits around the place, it seems... I think it's nice to post on a board where at least some of the regulars are in the same time zone. Makes the conversation more personal.

NH

visualchaosfx
02-11-2010, 11:08 PM
WOW that looks nice. I can't wait to see the complete finished product. Good job man!

Clive
02-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Wow

its great to hear from you guys! I appreciate all the help so far and I am finding the site very helpful as I learn new techniques.

Clive

Sean Nixon
02-15-2010, 04:18 PM
Hey Clive!

Good to see you on the premier cockpit building forum. I've been away this weekend, how's the progress? (for those wondering, a weekend means a LOT of progress to Clive!).

Nice pic, BTW.

Sean

Clive
02-16-2010, 04:28 AM
Hi Sean
this weekend we got the projectors mounted to the ceiling and built the framework for the screen, in fact we have two of the six 8' x 4' panels in place already so we expect to have the screen finished this week ready for the cockpit to be painted Saturday.
Once the cockpit is painted we are ready to bring in the computers and get her flying.
We still have to fit the overhead which is the next big step!

Clive