PDA

View Full Version : How to 'remove' white frame around the display?

Suggy
02-07-2010, 04:46 AM
Hello.

I wonder if any one can help me?

I have moved both my (Airbus) Cpt and FO PFD/ND onto one computer.

Before I had them running on seperate computers runing in full screen mode.

Now because I am running them the same computer, I have to run them within a window.

I can turn off the blue windows frame by pressing 'W' and the blue frame and menu bar around each display disappears.

However, the display now has a white thin frame around it. The desktop of the computer is black. I would like to know whether I can get rid of the white frame or at least change its colour to black?

Regards,
Darren Sugden

Ray Proudfoot
02-19-2010, 06:17 PM
Hi Darren,

You can remove the white border by editing pfd.ini and setting NoFrame=On. It's in the Display section at the start of the file.

Airhogg
03-15-2010, 10:24 PM
Is it possible to remove the white window frames from the regular "view" windows as well using a similar procedure?

Ray Proudfoot
03-16-2010, 01:12 PM
Is it possible to remove the white window frames from the regular "view" windows as well using a similar procedure?

I'm not sure what you mean by the 'regular view' windows but that setting in PFD.INI works for all views.

Suggy
03-16-2010, 02:29 PM
Thanks, Ray, for the tip.
I will have a look at that when I get home from work.
Regards,
Darren

Suggy
03-17-2010, 03:53 AM
Unfortunately there is no 'NoFrame=' in the ini file. When I insert 'NoFrame=On' in the 'Display' section it makes no difference. In fact the next time I open the ini file, 'NoFrame=On' is no longer there.
Regards,
Darren

Ray Proudfoot
03-17-2010, 07:38 PM
Unfortunately there is no 'NoFrame=' in the ini file. When I insert 'NoFrame=On' in the 'Display' section it makes no difference. In fact the next time I open the ini file, 'NoFrame=On' is no longer there.
Regards,
Darren

How bizarre. I Googled it and found a link to the PFD.INI where I found this...

PFD 330

- changed STD annunciation
- corrected problem with EGT display
- added TAT to NG type EICAS
- changed color of VOR2
- sizing box can be removed with Crtl-W or PFD.INI parameter Noframe=On

I don't have my FS PC turned on at present but I'll check it tomorrow. In the meantime check the version you have of PFD. It might be earlier than build 330.

I've just noticed you have the Airbus software. Mine is the Boeing. That might be the reason. Probably best to drop a line to Enrico and ask if it's implemented for the Airbus suite.

xtremeIT
03-17-2010, 07:55 PM
Hi Ray !

I think this is undocumented.
First you use Ctrl-W to hide the window and then W on its own to hide the border.
I am talking about the Boeing PFD. Not sure about the Airbus !!!

TC

Ray Proudfoot
03-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Hi TC,

That's useful to know, thanks.

Riempie
03-27-2010, 10:33 AM
How bizarre. I Googled it and found a link to the PFD.INI where I found this...

PFD 330

- changed STD annunciation
- corrected problem with EGT display
- added TAT to NG type EICAS
- changed color of VOR2
- sizing box can be removed with Crtl-W or PFD.INI parameter Noframe=On

I don't have my FS PC turned on at present but I'll check it tomorrow. In the meantime check the version you have of PFD. It might be earlier than build 330.

I've just noticed you have the Airbus software. Mine is the Boeing. That might be the reason. Probably best to drop a line to Enrico and ask if it's implemented for the Airbus suite.

Maybe this is what y'r looking for?

[Display]

Title=On
Menu=Off
WindowName=Project Magenta Glass Cockpit - Build 386
Topmost=Off
FSWindow=Off
NoFrame=Off

[OpenGL]

Quality=Lo
PolySmooth=Off
BitmapSmooth=Off
Font=Arial
FontFactor= 1
NavFontFactor= 1
FontQuality= 0
Benchmark=Off
Rotate=No

[Network]

NetDir=\
Type=b737.txt
AircraftType=cdu

[User]

UseTimer=Off
Overview=Off
Framed=Off
LockDisplays=Off
FrameFile=frameng256.img

Regards Pieter

fliper
04-02-2010, 10:52 AM
hi
Usually I remive frames video use VidCrop PRO.