PDA

View Full Version : Build 410 disaster

02-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Hi guys,

I flew yesterday with build 401 without a hitch. Today however I am trying to program a route from EIDW to KJFK. It will not take the route on the route page. If I enter say DEVOL it gives me the option of either UL975.DEVOL or DCT.DEVOL

No mater what selection I make it erases everything up to that point. Is it navdata related or something else. I have loaded two navdata bases and both are giving the same problem.

Any Ideas before I loose my mind with the PM BCDU.

Regards

James

02-04-2010, 10:22 AM
I had to build the route on the LEGS page, It is showing as right on STEP on the ND. But the route on the route page is way off the park. Here is the route as filed and built on the Legs page.

EIDW INKU4A INKUR RINUS DEVOL BABAN DOGAL 55/20 56/30 56/40 55/50 OYSTER STEAM TOPPS ENE4 KJFK

James

02-16-2010, 04:50 PM
Hi guys,

I still cant build a route on the route page. No problem building on the legs page. Any ideas?

James

Matt Olieman
02-16-2010, 04:57 PM
Hi guys,

I still cant build a route on the route page. No problem building on the legs page. Any ideas?

James

James, either no one else is having this problem or they're not catching this. I suggest going to support@projectmagenta.com

02-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Cheers Matt, I think I will have to mail them. Cheers.

JJ

michelmvd
02-22-2010, 11:03 AM
James, either no one else is having this problem or they're not catching this. I suggest going to support@projectmagenta.com

Hi James, Matt

I too have exactly the same problem. Also the routing is dissapearing when you go to the DEP/ARR page.
Using latest NAVDAT from Navigraph (1002) .

Support has been advised already in detail about this problem. I also gave him several routes / sid/star where this problem happens. I suppose Enrico is working on it, but with the latest build CDU 412 the problem doesn't looks solved.

Bur rest assurted Enrico know's about it.
Best Rgds

Michel

02-23-2010, 05:58 PM
Hi Michel,

Phew thought I was the only one!! Yes I can confirm its not solved in 412 either. Lets hope Enrico can solve it soon.

James

PeterH
03-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Hi Michel,

any news from PM support yet in this matter? I tried today the 413f intermediate version, but still with same negative result concerning route building.
Unfortunately the attached change.txt doesn´t say anything about what´s been changed.

So we´ll have wait and hope.

Best rgds

Peter

Hi James, Matt

I too have exactly the same problem. Also the routing is dissapearing when you go to the DEP/ARR page.
Using latest NAVDAT from Navigraph (1002) .

Support has been advised already in detail about this problem. I also gave him several routes / sid/star where this problem happens. I suppose Enrico is working on it, but with the latest build CDU 412 the problem doesn't looks solved.

Bur rest assurted Enrico know's about it.
Best Rgds

Michel

i007857
03-04-2010, 08:04 PM
Folks,

A long shot but it might work. I've been bugging Enrico with a similar problem. Check your aircraft setting on the CDU/FMC INIT page. Mine had something goofy there. Selected 737-700 and all was well - no more disappearing flight plans in the 410 build.

Good luck,

Bill

michelmvd
03-05-2010, 07:14 AM
Hi Bill,
I don't understand very well what you wanted to say.
Mine is set to B747-400 refering to the one in the type file.
Is this not correct?
B. Rgds
Michel

michelmvd
03-05-2010, 07:16 AM
No Peter, no news from Enrico in that matter

i007857
03-05-2010, 08:00 AM
What I'm saying is check that your aircraft is properly selected on the IDENT page. I'll send you a screen shot via email so you can see what I mean.

Cheers,

Bill

PeterH
03-05-2010, 08:33 AM
Thanks Michel for reply.

I´ve set mine to 737-700, but having same problems with disappearing parts of the entered route. Probably I will go back to the late 390 versions where those problems obviously were not present. Did you ever try the rather old reference Navigraph Airacs?
A big part of the problem here is that there´s no reference set up available from where you could start experimenting and also the manuals are very ambiguous in most of things.
The change logs too don´t really disclose what´s been changed. This is true at least for all the intermediate versions. We probably missinterpret those intermediate outcomes and should better wait for the official release. At least there you could read what´s been changed.

What I do question myself the last couple of days is: Are we really the few only ones having that kind of trouble???
What´s the rest of the community experiencing???
Would be nice to hear what others found.

Best rgds

Peter

No Peter, no news from Enrico in that matter

03-09-2010, 06:45 AM
I am using the 767 sub system on the GC, so I have to have the CDU set to 767 to have flap configs etc working. I am wondering if this issue is caused by certain builds been installed out of sequence? Intermediate etc??

Regards
James

michelmvd
03-09-2010, 06:55 AM
@Peter, thanks for info and mail, but it din't help for me. As I'm only flying the B744, there isn't another file available than my B747 aircraft type txt file.

@ James, Really no idea what cause the problem. I remember we had such kind of a problem during the transition time to Navigraph, but it was solved.

PeterH
03-09-2010, 09:59 AM
Hi Michel,

Ok, but I thought about the "old" (feb09) ref. Nav. Data - not the aircraft file.
May be the Navigraph bug is back?

Best rgds

Peter

03-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Hi Peter, I have this prob since Last November.

michelmvd
03-10-2010, 06:20 AM
Ok, but I thought about the "old" (feb09) ref. Nav. Data - not the aircraft file.
May be the Navigraph bug is back?

Ah ok, but that's certainly not an option for me. These data is terribly outdated and not usefull for use together with the present charts and routedata.

I think all we can do is waiting for Enrico. I gave him all info possible so he can reproduce the problem.

B. Rgds
Michel

PeterH
03-10-2010, 08:41 AM
Ok, thanks Michel.

Will wait for hopefully good news from Enrico.

Best rgds

Peter

yome
03-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Hi guys,

Just to mention that I have this disappearing route problem too and I'm happy to see that I'm not alone.
Using 737-800 w/last builds

Regards
Guillaume.

Peter Nielsen
03-17-2010, 08:40 AM
Hi

You can also add me to the group, as have exact the same problem with 412 and also with 410, it is extremely frustrating.

Peter Nielsen

xtremeIT
03-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Hi !

This "route" problem has been there for the last 18 months and has never been fixed.
Enter your route (if you can) on the route page, Activate it and Execute.
From then on its the Legs page where you will have to do everything else.
The Route page will be empty.

I would love Enrico to finally fix this !!

TC

michelmvd
03-20-2010, 12:39 PM
There are new updates of the software available in the download section of PM. CDU413g should do the trick.
I can't test it right now, as sim is undergoing a some upgrade works.
A big thank you to Enrico too
B. Rgds
Michel

xtremeIT
03-20-2010, 03:11 PM
Hi Michel !

Great to hear about the updates.
Will do a lot of testing over the weekend.

A big thank you to Enrico.
I am a big fan of this software.

TC

03-23-2010, 02:36 PM
guys, Its improved, I had the route programmed and went to enter the SID. It wiped the route again leaving what the route had built on the legs page intact. All that was left on the route was the SID and Transition. In the air now so will retry again tomorrow on the return led from TNCM-KATL.

James

03-24-2010, 08:44 AM
Ok reflew the same route. Route just disappears after a while. Then 2HRS 33MINS into the flight the entire CDU screen went blank. would not answer to any key input. Had to restart the software after putting the aircraft into speed hold and Heading select. Working as I type but the route page still only shows SID and STAR. another thing is the fuel prediction for arrival has been showing 0 for some time now on this flight even though I will land with 6 tons.

James

just solved the fuel prediction problem, on the CRZ page CRZ speed was showing IAS instead of Mach number, I had selected .80 on setup but its reverting to IAS. Just overwrote with the M number and fuel pred works on Progress page....

03-24-2010, 06:15 PM
I have mailed PM support with my findings. Has anyone noticed an intermittent problem with the Approach page, it some times goes to a different page alltogether, I have to press the offset LSK to get Approach sometimes.

Regards

James

michelmvd
03-25-2010, 09:49 AM
I had the route programmed and went to enter the SID. It wiped the route again leaving what the route had built on the legs page intact. All that was left on the route was the SID and Transition.
James

Hi James, I can't test the new build as my cockpit is in "maintenance" mode. But I don't think you must program the full route and then enter the SID.

First set Origin / Destination
Dep RWY
SID
rest of routing
STAR

Normally after entering the STAR, the route was gone in the RTE page. In the LEGS page everything was always ok.

B. Rgds
Michel

04-20-2010, 05:55 AM
Hi Michael, yit is all working up to the point where I have to change departure runway sid as per ATC or weather. Its all there on the legs but the route is still giving problems. Putting together a route and will mail all results to Enrico. I will post back findings.

James

snooker
04-25-2010, 11:52 AM
Hi,
Same problem + CTR point in LEG PAGE U/S - Nothing on GC.

Waiting for new release.

Rgds.

Seb