PDA

View Full Version : Help needed re: BU0836X card and FSUIPC setup............Please

Spoceto1003
01-31-2010, 02:58 PM
I recently bought a Leo bodnar BU0836X card and along with my registered version of FSUIPC I got down to some
switch programming..... all went well except that when I programmed switch 10 instead of doing what I wanted it just changed the views to outside view, 3D cockpit etc.... cycling the views every time the button was pressed.
I understand that FSUIPC see's the BU0836X card as a joystick, but does anyone know how to stop this happening....

Please if anyone knows a solution then please reply....

I could not use the switch 10 but I think it could do similar things on the other switches, Anyone who has setup one of Leo's
cards who can offer any help, it will be gratefully recieved

Thanks Spoceto1003

Peter Dowson
01-31-2010, 03:14 PM
when I programmed switch 10 instead of doing what I wanted it just changed the views to outside view, 3D cockpit etc.... cycling the views every time the button was pressed.

If a button does something when you press it, it can only be because it is programmed to do so. Maybe not by you, but possibly by default assignments made in FS. Try disabling the joystick in FS. FSUIPC cannot stop FS reading the same joystick as it is doing.

Regards
Pete

ian@737ng.co.uk
01-31-2010, 03:14 PM
ah! age old problem......
when you add another joystick or controller, FS (or FSX) will 'automatically' add assignments to that card.
just go into your controll assignments menu , select the BU0836X and delete all automatically assigned button presses.
should sort you out captain.....
good luck ... regards ... ian

Spoceto1003
01-31-2010, 04:37 PM
Great, Thanks Ian .............I will give that a try.......Thanks for replying