PDA

View Full Version : how to setup triple monitor with side view

PHTAT
01-28-2010, 03:58 PM
Hi Everyone,

searching the forum for hours i am still not sure how to set up 3 monitors or projectors
understand correctly, not making the primary bigger but with sideview i mean the one you get when using the hat switch.
as far as i can see there is a program called wideview, is this the only option?

who can help?

Wil.

Willem737NG
01-30-2010, 07:36 AM
Hi Wil,

Are you using a triplehead2go?

The Wideview program is only needed when you are using flightsim over a network.

You can see sideviews together with your mainview. You have to open a new window and drag it to your other screen.
You select VIEW from the menu and then open a new window. Select wich one and drag it.
It can affect the frames when opening more windows.

Willem

PHTAT
01-30-2010, 08:08 AM
Hi Willem,

many thnks for the answer that was the one i was looking for! :)

Wil.

marco-1
02-03-2010, 03:20 AM
install 2 graphic cards and hook up your monitors. choose which on is the main monitor within grahics settings Windows xx; launch FSX and once in FSX press ALT / Enter to disable window view. you should have the main window display FSX and the other(s) should be black. go to view / new view and launch a new cockpit view ; drag them into your extra monitor(s) and resize; use FSX shortcuts to move eyepoint view etc.
have fun.
Mind you that opening 2 or more windows will dramatically effect your FPS (framerate per sec).

danut58
02-05-2010, 07:46 AM
hy wil.my cockpit is 4monitors and 1 projection and configuration is made my self.if you need help,send mee a message.

PHTAT
02-05-2010, 08:32 AM
Hi Danut, thnks for that!

I am going to use 3 beamers for outside view on a curved screen starting in 3 weeks or so after my well deserved holiday :)

Wil.

Sean Nixon
02-06-2010, 05:41 AM
I needed a curved screen to start using my projectors and TH2G but was too impatient to build a proper one.

I bought 3 king size bed sheets from the local supermarket (Asda). They already had a large hem sewn in one end. I joined them together using iron on hemming. Then I fed 20mm PVC conduit (for electrical wiring) through the hem and joined them together. Then using conduit fixing clips, hung it from the ceiling.

It took about 2 hours and cost less than £15. It was only meant to get me going quickly, and I will build another in time, but it give excellent results for the cost and time it took to put together.

Sean

PHTAT
02-06-2010, 06:23 AM
Hi Sean,

I already read about your setup in the forum :) that really is a great start i must say!
why re-invent the wheel when it is already done before right? :-p

Just one question that came up, isnt the sheet material to thin? i mean that the beamers dont get the maximum contrast (reflection)

Wil.

Sean Nixon
02-06-2010, 06:56 AM
Hi Wil

I don't think the image is as bright as it could be, a lot of light does pass through the material, but I am in a windowless room, and the image is more than good enough for now. In fact I still run the projectors in ECO mode to prolong lamp life (and reduce the noise) and it's fine.

I did take some photographs, but the flash kills it. I'll dig out the tripod and see if I can get a better pic.

Sean

PHTAT
02-06-2010, 07:30 AM
Thnks for the quick reply Sean

I am going to test your setup with 3 infocus 2104 beamers, see how it works out.

http://www.infocus.com/Products/Projectors/IN2104.aspx

Any comments on wich resolution and setup is best to use for these?
What kind of beamers do you use?

Wil.

Sean Nixon
02-06-2010, 08:19 AM
I went with the Acer X1230S. It's a short throw model, important if you can't get the projectors far enough away from the screen.

It's an XGA model too. I haven't messed around with the settings too much as it hasn't been up and running that long. I use it in the default 1024x768 (3072x768 with the TH2G) setting and I think it looks great.

You using Sol7?

PHTAT
02-06-2010, 09:53 AM
Not yet, but sol7 is the plan.
In about 3 weeks we start with the setup, but first a little holiday :)

Would love to see some pictures of your screen setup! or even a media file.
did you try other (higher) resolutions? and if so how much impact did it have on your framerates?

Sean Nixon
02-06-2010, 10:06 AM
I'll take a few pictures, maybe a little video.

I need to build an FS PC as the one I'm using was just an old Dell P4 2.8 I had lying around. Not ideal but it just about manages with FS9. For that reason, I haven't played with various settings, I don't want to kill the poor thing off altogether!

I'm looking towards building an i7 machine with SSD's instead of HDD's. I'll be posting for advice/hints/suggestions on that soon.

If you haven't got the Sol7 demo yet, email the chaps at Immersaview and they'll create a download account for you as it's not available directly from their website.

Sean

Sean Nixon
02-06-2010, 04:00 PM
So as not to hijack this thread, I've posted the pics in a new one...

Pictures (http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?19264-Pictures-of-my-curved-screen-setup&p=99053)