PDA

View Full Version : FBW stand alone

mguerreiro
01-21-2010, 08:08 AM
Hi,

There are a lack of FBW airbus realistic software in the market.

It would be posible to use the module alone from the other parts of the software?

Regards,
Manuel

jeehell
01-21-2010, 08:50 AM
Well good question indeed ;)

As of now, it's not possible, since I designed it to be used by the main FMGS software only. But with minimal modifications I guess I can make it independent.

Now there are issues to address before I make any modifications:
1) The calibration of the FBW is NOT an easy task, I did for the default FSX A321 and the iFDG A320, but other aircraft will probably handle very funny unless the FBW is calibrated.
2) The FBW would NOT be used by the AP: it's an even more daunting task to couple an AP to the FBW (I've been basically doing that for months now :evil:)
3) Support after release would be quite limited (development of my FMGS is almost a full free time job :wink:)
4) I cannot guarantee compatibility with any addons that would use it's own intern FBW.

So if you are OK to deal with these, and if some other people are interested in such a software, I can start work to see if it could work.

mguerreiro
01-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Very good!

So go ahead with your questions:

1. It is nice, FDX, iFDG and Project Airbus are the most used planes in cockpits, so this is nice for cockpits and this settings are perfect.
2. It would be great that the FBW read from FS where the AP is activated, and in case is it, FBW goes out. If this is complicated, it would be perfect to asignate a joestick button to activate/disconnect the FBW. I understand that AP is not included in this remake of the FBW.
3. Of course! It is great that you acept to do this version, so no problem in that!
4. Same of 3, but we can feedback you about integration with third parties.

I am sure this can have a big aceptation in other communities and cockpit builders.

Regards,
Manuel

jeehell
01-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Hello,

I released a first version of the stand alone FBW, see the topic in the announcement forum: http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?19136-Stand-Alone-FBW

Regards,
JeeHell

mguerreiro
02-10-2010, 11:28 AM
Hi,

I have just downloaded it for test.

I will report you the results!

Thank you!!!
Manuel

Swiss1673
06-14-2010, 03:12 PM
Hi

I tested it. Absolutly functional and a nice Tool (as usual :D). I have really problems about the pitch and roll sensitivity regarding the Sidestick. I saw in the full editon it have some sliders to correct them.... That would be very usefull in the Standalone Edition ;-)

Best Regards
Daniel

jeehell
06-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Hi,

I'll see to it when I have time to add that feature, maybe this week.
Stay tuned...

JeeHell

jeehell
06-16-2010, 09:23 AM
Hello,

I added the sliders to adjust joystick sensitivity.
The download link is the same:
http://jeehell.org/StandAlone FBW.zip (http://www.jeehell.org/StandAlone FBW.zip)

Cheers,

JL

Swiss1673
06-16-2010, 01:13 PM
Wow!! What a Day.... Switzerland beat Spain on the World Cup and the FBW has arrived.... :-)

Thank you Jeehell, will test it tomorrow.

Daniel