PDA

View Full Version : Glass Cockpit Software question

STARBOUNDPHOENIX
01-18-2010, 11:52 PM
Hey all-

I am working on a hybrid MD-10 cockpit and I am tyring to figure out what software will workout best. System is (primary computer) VistaSP2/FSX (secondary/tertiary) XP/VasFMC/FSXPand. I am currently experimenting with VasFMC and FSXPand. My real challenge so far is getting a three engine EICAS/ECAM with an FMC that will integrate fully with FSX and the CLS DC-10. I have GoFlight radio modules and the GoFlight MCP is on the way.

So far I have to use VasFMC for the PFD/ND and FSXPand for the EICAS. The drawback is that FSXPand doesn't have the kind of advanced features yet that I am looking for, and VasFMC doesn't seem to support three-engine displays on the EICAS.

I looked into Ellie Systems, but it appears that Ellie has gone off the radar. No updates in a long time and the e-mails I sent have been returned as undeliverable. Are they still around?

Any thoughs, experiences, suggestions, links?

-Bobby

Captain_Eirik
03-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Noticed that you hadn't heard anything back yet.

I had originally thought of using the CLS DC-10 as well since it is a lot of fun to fly. Kind of decided against it when I remembered that I would pretty much have to figure out a way to integrate the flight engineers panel into my setup.

I'm sorry to say that I haven't seen anything that can provide the three engine EICAS. I wish I could offer some help on that.

Good luck.