PDA

View Full Version : I/O Card Selection

Jetprovost
01-15-2010, 02:41 PM
I was looking to get the Epic cards as they have well documented input and Output cards and they have just brought out a Gauges card that allows you to hook up real instruments. I have real engine instruments (Fuel, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure etc) so thought that these would be the cards to go with even though they are expensive.

However, I noticed that the Open Cockpit cards are just as god for the switches and lamps input and output, and I could put servos on my engine instruments and use the servo cards from OC. This would be much cheaper.

Has anyone used the Epic Gauge card?

How easy is it to add servos to engine instruments and calibrate with the OC Servo cards?

Are there any other I/O card sets you can recommend?

Thanks,
Stuart

nricky
01-17-2010, 07:10 AM
Hi Stuart

Get the cards from OC, in my mind the best and easiest to program. Sioc looks and sounds hard in the beginning, but once you got the hang of it not that hard. It took me a couple of years to decide which cards to use. Have to say spend a few Euros to find out what was the best for me. If I can learn sioc, so can you. You just have to sit down a week learn and try, once you see how easy it really is you will like it.
All other cards work well, but this is only my opinion.
Hope that I could help you a bid on your decision.
Cheers Norbert

Jetprovost
01-17-2010, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the input Norbert. Do you know if the OC cards can drive real instruments? The sparce information around the Epic Gauges card is in intriguing.

Riempie
03-06-2010, 08:17 AM
I was looking to get the Epic cards as they have well documented input and Output cards and they have just brought out a Gauges card that allows you to hook up real instruments. I have real engine instruments (Fuel, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure etc) so thought that these would be the cards to go with even though they are expensive.

However, I noticed that the Open Cockpit cards are just as god for the switches and lamps input and output, and I could put servos on my engine instruments and use the servo cards from OC. This would be much cheaper.

Has anyone used the Epic Gauge card?

How easy is it to add servos to engine instruments and calibrate with the OC Servo cards?

Are there any other I/O card sets you can recommend?

Thanks,
Stuart

Look for this card for analog gauges http://www.opencockpits.com/modules.php?name=Content2&pa=showpage&pid=52 perhaps this soots your needs?..

Pieter