PDA

View Full Version : For Sale B737 Real Cockpit Sections (more than 1)

blueskydriver
01-13-2010, 06:50 PM
Hey Everyone,

As I mentioned in other post, I purchased a B727 Cockpit from Unversal Assest Management Inc., and I got a great deal! I ask how this company could help us simulator pilots out since we are not overly rich or loaded with extra money. Plus, I asked about their B737 Cockpit Sections, and if they could send me some more information, as well as some parts listing of ideal items we're all looking for.

I got this following link and part listings will be coming later:

http://www.uaminc.com/images/photos/MyCockpit.org_sales.pdf

Here is the awesome story about all of this; I told the company person that MyCockpit.org is the best Internet site available for Flight Simulation and since they see us Flight Simulator Pilots here on MYC as a great bunch of people, they decided to give us a discount...look in the link.

Finally, please contact them for any questions. I have made many calls to them in the last four days and I can tell you that they have been the best ever in customer service...

You can also PM or post here for items of interest to you.

Thank you,

John

www.uaminc.com

blueskydriver
01-22-2010, 08:06 AM
Hey Everyone,

I cannot say enough about this company Universal Asset Management (UAM)! As I have posted previously about the B727 Cockpit I'll be getting and posted about other B737 Cockpits they have for $18K ($15K for MYC Members), I wanted to let everyone know the latest in regards to what UAM has been doing for me.

After purchasing the B727 cockpit off Ebay on Jan 11th, I was told it'll be at least 30 days before the cockpit would be cut and ready for pickup; however, after speaking with the main individual who dismantles the aircraft over the phone and through email, I was given the news yesterday that my cockpit was ready for pickup. That's only 10 days from time of purchase to ready for pickup. I'm very happy with this quick service that UAM has given me.

The plan is to travel from my home in Wisconsin to the dismantling facility in Arkansas this weekend and pick it up on Monday. While I am there I plan to take some photos and shoot some video of the other available aircraft; sort of a fact finding adventure, as well as a pickup. Anyway, if anyone here would like me to take a specific photo or find out some information for you, please list it here or PM me by tonight (Friday Jan 22, prior to 11 PM CST). Even if you're not in the states, I am sure UAM could workout some type of shipping for you, so don't exculde yourself due to this.

Finally, I hope those of you looking for real aircraft parts will think about getting them from this company first. At the prices in which they sell items, it is certainly a lot cheaper then anywhere I've seen thus far; especially for the B737 cockpits. If you're not sure about an item or it's price, contact them...

Thanks

John

737NUT
01-22-2010, 09:05 AM
John,
What are you going to do with the extra throttle quadrant since you have the one i sold you plus the one in the cockpit you are buying? I have sent you several pm's and such and got no response. What gives????????????????????????

blueskydriver
01-23-2010, 12:43 AM
Sent you PM Rob...

blueskydriver
02-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Hello Everyone,

I started this thread to alert everyone about B737 cockpits that are being sold for insanely cheap prices at Universal Assest Management (UAM). After visiting UAM, I was extremly impressed by the quality of the cockpits they have for sale. Not just B737's mind, but many other types, like A320 or B747 (plus more). I posted a short story about the trip as I went out to get a B727 cockpit on Jan 23, 2010.

Here is a link for that:

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?18978-Real-Cockpits-and-Cockpit-Parts-For-Sale

In that post I mentioned pictures and a video, you'll find some pictures there, but for video I will have a youtube link for you shortly; I have to get the video files uploaded.

Finally, in all the years of doing the sim hobby, I can honestly say that I wish I would've found UAM first. I have a great deal of money invested in parts; however, I know for sure that what I paid for these items is a lot more than what UAM is asking for a "Real" cockpit. Of course, you need room for one of these, but we're only talking a 10footx10footx10foot area (if the lower body is cutoff to be flat). So, the point is, until now, all the real parts or cockpits have been too costly and/or we're being overcharged.

Now, you can get a cockpit for very little... When I say little, I mean under $20K levels and albeit, it'll still need interfacing, but you're talking turn-key sim here for roughly $20-25K total ($15K for currently listed B737 Cockpit at UAM, and add $5-10K for shipping and interfacing). Did I mention REAL! I cannot say this enough, so please if you're new to MyCockpit.org and the sim hobby, check out Universal Assest Management (UAM) and speak with Donnie or Andrew.

Finally, I forget and keep saying complete cockpits, but they sell so much more than that. Things like Yokes, Pedals, Seats, Map Lights, Panels, Eye Brow Moldings, and etc... You have to ask them what they have available...

blueskydriver
02-09-2010, 04:31 PM
My fellow MyCockpit members,

I talked about a video and placing a link to it. It's finished and I like for all of you to watch it. I enjoyed myself very much on this adventure. It was very fun and at times down right "slap happy" (you'll see that in me). Plus, if it had not been for my best friend Brad and my wife Karen, getting this cockpit would not have been possible. They were the instrumental part of all of this...

Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BhsLJUQ3dU

John

Nick1150
02-10-2010, 02:20 AM
Great video John :D

I wish the next one to be established on an ILS RW ;)

blueskydriver
02-10-2010, 02:30 AM
Thank you Nick.

I agree with the ILS and at times, we were driving through blinding snow and oh how I wish we had ILS for the road. In fact, that is why we stopped after the first 300 miles or so to stay in a hotel. The snow was so bad, we could not maintain VFR (or VRR-Visual Road Rules-lol!) at all. We really needed something to keep us straight on the road. However, we did get her home and onto the ramp, here in my driveway. Soon she'll be in a hangar (or fancy pole shed) for retro fit to add that virtual ILS system.

Thanks again and I am glad you liked the video...

John

jamcgee1978
03-20-2010, 06:03 AM
great post john, i have just set out on building a 737 ......definately give me some ideas - looks like you had a right laugh. Am over in the UK so shipping might be pricey. will keep building here but i think for the future will certainly consider it....