PDA

View Full Version : Eyefinity FS2004 FSX with cockpit-monitors

eisenmpferd
01-09-2010, 11:21 AM
Hi there,

greetings from germany.

I´m looking for some experiences about the new ATI-cards (5xxx) with eyefinity.

Has someone of you testet this in Flightsim?

I´m just about to by a new PC (AMD PH2 955) and in the 2. step something for outside visualisation. I´m thinking about a ATI 5750 and 3 LCD monitors (21-24", depends on my money). Of cource one of the three has to be with displayport.

Is it possible to run 3 monitors in Eyefinity and with a second (NVIDIA) card running two additional screens for the instruments?

Right now I´m using a ATI 9550 with a 21"crt and a PCI NV5200 for two 12" Touchscreens. This runs a bit too slow on my A64 4000+ but its possible.

Thanks for any comment

Greetings from EDKB

/Hendrik/

twisted8
01-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Hello! Yeah I have a 5850 with 3 monitor for outside view and a 4670 for 2 monitors for instruments. Runs good on my oc core2duo. The only downside is the lack of bezel management but I hear it's coming. Also make sure you have a good power supply 750w+. had to upgrade mine!!

eisenmpferd
01-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Hi twisted8,

are u using fs9 or fsx?
I´m planing to by a 5750. Do you think its enough for fs9?

It should be possible to build brezel for yourself. On some monitors its possible to adjust the horizontal position of the picture (at the monitor itselv). Brezel management is the same. I tried a view monitors at work. If they are connected with DVI some work, some not. If they are connected per VGA it should work on every Monitor.

I´m sorry, I´m a little bit in a hurry, so a dont check every word if its correct...

Greetings from EDKB

/Hendrik/

twisted8
01-11-2010, 09:16 AM
I'm using FSX, I think a 5750 would be ok for FS9 but I don't know first hand, so I can't tell you for sure.
I see what you mean, I have not tried shifting the monitor display using the built in settings but I see how this could work. I'll have to give it try!

eisenmpferd
01-11-2010, 10:07 AM
I'm using FSX, I think a 5750 would be ok for FS9 but I don't know first hand, so I can't tell you for sure.

Thanks for that. Perhaps my money will be enough for a 5770. We will see... For FSX I think my whole machine will be too slow for a complex plane, a huge of ai-traffic and nice weather. Because of that I´m planing to stay at FS9 as long as it works.

/Hendrik/

shearder
06-03-2010, 11:54 AM
I am using a 5870 with eyefinity and 3x23" screens. It works great but because of FSX buggering up the mouse cursor which continues to flicker on the screen. I think if i had to do it over AND i had space i would rather use a projector.

But i AM happy with the Eyefinity across 3 screens.

twisted8
06-03-2010, 01:09 PM
You should try to fix the mouse flickering problem, it takes a toll on your FPS. The problem is caused by 2D panels being too wide when using 3 monitors. You need to change your aircraft.cfg to make the panels smaller and the problem will go away.

check the steps here:
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php/19351-Getting-rid-of-mouse-flickers-and-cockpits!!-problem!!

edit: doh wait, i just noticed you posted the solution. Do you still have the problem? your instructions fixed the problem for me.

shearder
06-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Yeah i posted that but now, for some reason, it is doing it... very strange even after a reinstall and new system install... hmmmm

twisted8
06-03-2010, 01:25 PM
AH ok, yeah what I did after I loaded my aircraft was to load one panel at a time: shift+1, shift+2, etc and the panels that don't load have the problem and need to be resized. Restarting FSX after each change seemed to work better. Hope that helps!

shearder
06-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Ah thanks twisted. I will give that a shot.

Stevsky
02-23-2011, 06:26 PM
I am having a problem with bezel compensation in FSX using 3X1 monitor setup. In windows stretched mode the bezel compensation is perfect, but in full screen it is way off. Does anyone have suggestions for this?

shearder
02-24-2011, 01:28 AM
I am having a problem with bezel compensation in FSX using 3X1 monitor setup. In windows stretched mode the bezel compensation is perfect, but in full screen it is way off. Does anyone have suggestions for this?

I have the same setup with 3x23" LCDs and i experience the same issues. I haven't found a fix as yet and, to be honest, haven't used all 3 monitors in a while because i just haven't got the time or patience and i am thinking a projector will eventually sort this out :)

Bernie
02-24-2011, 03:07 AM

Hi Stevsky,

This is easily rectified when using Wideview with networked computers as the zoom if adjusted on each computer until there is perfect alignment and no Bezel issue.
I know this is not much help to you but maybe this is an avenue you could consider if it is too much of an issue with your current setup.

Kind Regards

Bernie.

Stevsky
02-24-2011, 10:37 AM
Thanks Bernie. I am considering using an additional pc. Will 2 pc's be enough?

Bernie
02-24-2011, 05:04 PM
Hi Stevsky,

Wideview is designed to be run on 1 x computer with 1 x monitor attached. You can however have multiple monitors on each computer but as Luciano from Wideview says in his Forum, this is not supported in the Forum but there is a Forum topic on this subject for Customer use. http://www.wideview.it/forum/default.asp I use 1 x monitor on each computer and use the second output for monitor for gauge use. I also use 3D Anaglyph and you cannot have mutiple monitors to create anther scenery view and maintain the 3D over the second monitor. I hope this is of some help.

Kind Regards

Bernie.

Toulouse
02-27-2011, 07:03 AM
Hello guys,

glad to have found this thread – I´m basically stuck with my setup and
hope, someone has a solution for me.

I´m trying to “build” a flight training device consisting of 6 touchscreens running on
one eyefinity card for the aircraft panels (overhead, pedestal, mcdu etc..) and 3 bigger
tft´s for the outside visual runnung on a second computer.
I use 4 active (very important ! took me a while to find out) adapters Mini Display Port to DVI, 2 passive ones.
Windows 7 works fine (all the touchscreens work and display what they should)
FS X (which I´m not planning to use since I do not care too much about the quality of the outside view and it crashes frequently in my setup) recognizes the 6 monitors as well and can use them in full screen mode.

Here is the problem :

FS 9 refuses to detect more than 4 monitors which means I would have to run it in windowed mode.
(I mean the place under Settings-Display-Hardware where you set the resolution for the displays whis is valid for the fullscreen mode, only 4 choices are offered : grapiccard.0, graphicard.1 etc...)
I could combine 3 tfts to one large desktop and FS9 could use them as one display however this would make the touchscreen function unusable.

So, does anyone know of a limit in fs9 preventing the use of more than 4 displays on one graphiccard (triple head would be a different story)?
Is there a workaround ?

I´d be very tankfull for any tips
Thank´s in advance

Best Rgds Toulouse

eisenmpferd
02-27-2011, 09:42 AM
Hi Toulouse

you could try to use more seperate grafik-cards. At the moment I'm using 2 cards: One for the outside view (x1800, will be replaced soon coming a 5870 E6) and one nvidia 9300gt for the 2 touchpanels. I also tried to use the x1800, the 9300 for one touch and the onboard grafik (AMD 3300) for the other touchpanel. I didnt see a performance issue yet in using many grafik cards. But you cant span a FS-window over 2 screens.

I tried to use a matrox g200 (PCI) with 4 outputs, but I didn't manage to use it with win7.

Good Luck

eisenmpferd

Toulouse
02-27-2011, 11:11 AM
Hi Eisenmpferd,
thank you for the fast reply . Unfortunately I would need
SLI Boards for a second card and then I´m still not sure if it would give me
more then 4 entries in FS.
I just wonder if there is someone here who could confirm that FS 2004 is able to
run >4 monitors (without using wideview and 2 or more computers of course).
Greetings Toulouse

eisenmpferd
02-27-2011, 11:39 AM
Hi Touluse,

you could use PCI grafik cards if you dont have more than 1 PCIe slot. I used a PCI nvidia 5200 in my old setup an it worked well too.

To test your problem U must find somebody out here with a eyefinity6 card. I dont know another 3d card wich more than 4 outputs.

I just ordered my e6 card, but than I still have to collect enough aktive adapters.

Anybody out here with a eyefinity6 card?

/eisenmpferd/